[pattaya is a ghost town...

keith doug

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was in Pattya last week Friday and Saturday, have to agree Walking St and Soi 8 were packed.

The Dollhouse, Amazon and the big GoGo above Amazon were doing good business.

1am is most probably hurting bar owners but only in reduced profits not the death some make it out to be.

You can always get a drink on Soi 8 after 1am ::

I have just spent the weekend in Pattaya and I have to agree with all the posters EXCEPT the one from KD..

KD was obviously in a completely different place........

Pattaya is heaving at the moment and showing so much everywhere it is hard to avoid it....

Uniformguy

I also have been in Pattaya the whole last week and while walking street, some major Agogo's and Luzifer are really packed, other places look pretty quiet for this time. Tony's and Marine Disco were as empty as in the absolute low season. Especially Marine is suffering from 1am closing with business not picking up before 12:30. Also I haven't had any problem to get room and even could make a reservation for the long New Year weekend.

Pattaya is definitely not a Ghost town, but a lot of the trourist are extremely pissed off by the early closing and only time will proove if they are still willing to come back next year.

keith doug said:

it was monday evening at 1am and it was NOT BUSY!! at all... ok may be monday is a quite day then emmm!!

Not sure if this would make much difference but last night I was driving back from BKK and got onto 3rd road about 12.30am - felt like the whole town was there - seemingly some big event going on and whole place gridlocked with litterally thousands of motorbikes and cars parked. I have never seen the 3rd road area so busy. Second road in comparison was deserted.

Cheers

same in Hua Hin. Not many tourists around, restaurants are nearly empty.

And this one week before christmas.

There are only older tourists here. Its boring.

A friend of mine who is running a restaurant here since mid of the 80s says to me,

the start of December shows less tourists since 2001.

Lucky i travel to my GF tomorrow. Better to take my own party trough the next some weeks in the country side in South Thailand with my GF. :beer:

I was in NEP last night and the number of customers in the bars were much much lower than I would expect it to be this part of the year. I don't recall ever seeing NEP that empty.

When I left NEP at around 1:15 am (I was, uhmm...distracted in a small room for about 45 minutes before that time), there was only a very small trickle of people walking out of NEP rather than the huge flows you used to see at closing time.

I am also getting calls from BGs and semi-pros all the time now asking if I want to get together for dinner, a drink, anything, etc. In the past, those type of calls would drop off dramatically in November as the high season started. Not this year. And a few stunners I know now seem to be serious about finding serious farang boyfriends/husbands to rescue them (good luck).

I wonder if the new draconian policies are starting to make a serious dent in tourist arrivals (the government will never publically admit this). I was in Singapore last week, and several ex-pats I am very close with who used to come up to Bangkok every chance they got now say Thailand has really lost its appeal.

Archived