Italian man and ThaiGF arrested as drug dealers

jasmine

Koh Samui: An Italian and his GF were arrested for procession and selling cocaine.

Sources: Thairath.com

An Italian man 41 years of age named Antonio Burgamini and his Thai 20 yr. old GF were arrested on Dec. 16. The police found 550 gram of cocaine and 287 gram of marijuana.

The couple confessed that they sell the drugs to tourists. From the investigation, the policed has concluded that there are other people involved in the façade of being tourists and the investigation is on going in order to arrest all people involved.

Long ones, for sure, way over 15 years, with maybe the possibility he will be transferred to an italian jail at some point. Depending on who is going to tell off the other one the best, sentencing may differ... Seems the police has a deal to offer them for infos on the whole sourcing.

I remember looking for cheap accommodation in koh samui, and fell on a junkie's den in the "manager's office". So dark, stuffy, dirty, held up my nose and left. Sad bunch!

Hi,

I understand that the drug sentences are very long, some death penalty and life. Also, there is no way for asking the "King" to pardon which other criminals (except murder) can be processed. However, the King has a right to look into the pardoning process such as the case of 2 young British females a few years ago.

For information on the "King" right to pardon prisoners: It is an old Thai tradition that the King or certain queen such as this Queen have the right to pardon prisoners for some merits such as the birthdays. If my memory served me right the King pardoned over 900 prisononers when he turned 6 rounds (72 years old). Aand I understand that the Queen has pardoned some this year for she turned 72 in Aug.

There was a law passed that the drug dealers (proven guilty) cannot file competion for pardoning.

Jasmine

How are the cases for pardon brought to the attention of the King? Is there a pattern as to the type of case that is usually up for pardon?

What is your feeling about the long sentences and penalties for drug dealing? Do you think it should be the same for a casual user as opposed to a trafficker?

Thanks P127, all very interesting. I've also always thought since the cops can take your urine sample whenever they wish it was a fool's game to do drugs in the kingdom. I'd be afraid of taking an aspirin!

I would also imagine if someone is going to visit venues that may get raided and they force a urine test, that even if one doesn't try drugs in the kingdom, they may have residual amounts in their system from the country they came from depending on the drug and how long that drug stays in your system.

Archived