Cent saved my life (Part 3)

Ckrisg

So its off to the Sirikit Dam, all back into the pickup, favoured Farang gets the front seat, thank God I need the air con its 90+ outside. Oh no three kids decide to sit on my lap, driver seems not to bother that there's now three crazy kids climbing all over the cab.

Hit the Dam after about thirty minutes, wow this place is amazing, fantastic views over the lake from the top and the countryside is stunning. Family pour out the back and mingle with hundreds of Thais who are visiting today along with three or four school trips who decide to play lets poke the Farang, jesus my ribs are black and blue.

Don't understand Thai's the place is packed but all the cruise boats are moored and will not be going out, try to get an explantion, but give up after ten minutes. What shall we do I suggest 'Lets eat' comes back the chorus 'what again' yes darling only snacks before. So we settle down to what can only be described as a feast, giant fish, chickens,rice,noodles and of course Henekin, and Singha.

Whiskey is ordered but quickly returned by my girl, thanks Pasthai but she does look after me. The Whiskey returns but not on my bill. Jesus that Mekong is bloody awful. Food is eaten (the bill hits 800 baht, not bad feed eight people with lots of beer)all the remains are doggie bagged and its time for a nap for the kids and Dad, does he normally sleep in the afternonn or was it the four bottles of Singha and the Mekong, which causes him to snore like a stranded buffolo.

Time to take in the sights with my girl and visit the Dam, don't know if this is normally allowed but a neighbour we picked up on the way works here. (hes more pissed than me and he's got to work a twelve hour shift) Never throught I would find a dam interesting, but hey what else can you do in the middle of Northern Thailand on a sunny afternoon, when you are three sheets to the wind.

Fianlly finish the tour of the dam, leave Bin to flood Northern Thailand and head back to Pichau, for my first night with the family, I wonder what will that bring.

Cent this is where your stories prepared me for the strangest night I have ever spent in Thailand.

to be continued

Chris

[ October 05, 2001: Message edited by: Ckrisg ]

Archived