POLICE REPORT RETIREMENT VISA

bigal

1. lopburi3 is correct (per my experience; things change). Apply in Bangkok and you won't need one.

2. When investigating applying for a retirement visa from the U.S., I called the police station in the city I lived in and she said "Oh, you need a from XYZ, come on over and we'll get you one." I suspect the people at your local police station have heard this kind of question before and will know what to give you.

By the way, I am not clear on whether there is any benefit to applying for the class "O" visa outside Thailand over just coming to Bangkok on a Tourist visa. AFIK, you can just come here and cut your costs and hassles (the medical exam, etc is probably less expensive here. It was for me).

If a police report is needed, get it at the local police station. They generally only check their local database. (like why should they bother to do an extensive search - criminals do not ask for police reports).

If you do get a police report - I never saw one that was certified and I can not imagine one being certified (take that for what you can).

• 1 month later...

Just got my clearance de Gendarmes yesterday. The Thai office I'm applying thru had the address etc. The clerk cave me a form, I paid 10 USD and it will be in my Mail Box in 3 days. Non Imm O ret is very easy to get. Next will be my Thai DL which is also easy. Get an Intl Permit and with your home DL having both officially scribed into thai you'll need only a eye test. Tha little bugger works almost as good as a Thai ID card.

Archived