DarLek's Story

Nervous_Dog

I was going through some old computer files and came across this story, not sure if it got posted, so my appologies if I am posting twice.

DarLek has gone back to school, and is, as usual, ruling the class room.

She rang on of her old friends, who agreed to come back to the English school and study with her again, even though she had reached a grade 3 levels above her.

In the class today, DarLek, rabble rouser she is disrupted proceedings, as things turned t the difference between American English,, and the other types of English.

It came down to, obviously, who they where seeing as boyfriends/husbands.

Many girls in the class told who they where married to, and immediately, the next question, how much they received.

When DarLek?s turn came, she told them, ?When I first know him, he give me 8000 baht a month, then when we marry, but he away a lot, 10000 baht a month, then when Jing-Joe born, 15 000 baht a month, now I get nothing,

?Nothing? says everyone!

?Yes, now I live with him, he gives me nothing every month? she told them,

?What? they all exclaimed, this is wrong, and looked down on DarLek as if she had made a grave error of judgement.

?No, now I am his family, if I need money, I take it, if I don?t need money, I don?t take it?

So ? someone asks, ?Why don?t you lie, and say you need the money, and take it? someone else says ?Why don?t you tell us you take 20,000 a month??

DarLek?s answer, ?Because he is my ?Samee? (husband) not ?Samee Letter? (A husband through mail) and he is real, and I am his family.

Silence followed, and then everyone agreed, that was much better than an email, or letter husband, someone not real, who may vanish tomorrow.

End of DarLek?s story.

Archived