200 baht to watch a show....Pattaya??

I have a friend who recently paid his first visit to Pattaya. I wasn't able to get down there to meet him until day three of his trip so he wandered around on his own the first couple of nights.

When I met up with him he told me that he had been to see a live sex show in Pattaya and he had been charged 200 baht entrance fee which included a drink. Of course he had no idea where the place was except it was near walking street.

Is there such a place in Pattaya or did the word newbie on his forehead lead to this rip off???

uniformguy

When I was in Pattaya in NOV as I was walking to Walking Street did get offered to go see "Sex Show" by one of those guys producing a palm sized photo of what looked like a Massage Parlor ad - just ignored 'em. Suspect there are some underground shows still going on but 200 baht seems pretty cheap if it was one of those. Be curious to know what this place was too.

If you get taken to a bar by a tout, you WILL be charged between 200-500 baht to get in, but this does include a "free" drink. The bars they take you to are just the ordinary ones like What's Up, Hot Girls, Polo, Hooties, Fantasia etc, which are free to enter if you just walk in.

You can always tell the idiots that have paid, as they get a pink ribbon pinned to them and they don't have a bin in front of them.

It's worth repeating: there are NO gogo bars in Pattaya that charge to get in (apart from the occasional special, like a dance contest), you are paying the tout to show you there. :shakehead:chili:

eyebee,

That's amazing, glad I've always ignored those touts.

Thanks to this (the old) board I knew quite a bit about Pattaya before I even went there my 1st time. Some years ago while bar hopping thru the Pattayaland clubs (All Girls, Rodeo, etc) I ended up talking to this Aussie guy in Bubbles who had been coming to Pattaya for a couple years already, during conversation when I asked what clubs he liked on Walking Street he went blank - he had no idea what Walking Street was - even though he had been there more times than I.

Now I know I could've earned 200-500 baht just for taking him there (not sure where to get those pink ribbons though)... :chili::elephant::chili:

IB,

Yep, thought so, same old newbie scam. Used to see a lot of this stuff in Patpong, the scams, not the shows. :D So you, being a local kinda Pattaya guy, know of no "extra special" sex shows and that sort of stuff beyond the regular gogos? Hope to catch up with you in a few weeks my friend. Pattaya sounds nice, well Jomtien Beach actually, but a night out with the IB sounds like fun. Tell our NZ friend he better take at least a couple hours off from shooting pool to have a beer with an old friend!

It's been snowing for fucking days here in the Beantown area. Stops, ya get shoveled and plowed out, and it fucking starts again the next day all over. I hate this cold white shit! Hope to see you soon on a nice warm beach. Or over a nice cold beer looking at nice hot lasses dancing upon a stage with golden poles. Fuck me it's cold!!

Cent

Dont know if it is a scam.

A few times ( last year and before )on Pattayaland 1,2 I got approached by guys with a songthaew and they were suggesting such a place. I was tempted to find out if it was on the up but never did. One time, the next night I recognised a guy who did go and asked him about it. From the description, they went to a bar down 3rd road way and it was a full sex show.

Whether that it different from the pink ribbon brigade or not I dont know.

Archived