Passport carrying

stumpy

I picked up a zippered carrier from a lady selling them from a table just outside the Soi Suan Pluu (spell that right ::) immigration office. Carry the stupid thing with me all the time and it doesn't seem to be getting beaten up too badly. Well, maybe the picture is about to fall out because the laminations are coming loose, but other than that, no problem.

I guess its the pseudorandom bar raids and the highly publicized hauling in of foreigners without passports back in August that made me start carrying it. Have to rethink the reasoning, but basically, I belive its better to be safe than sorry. And yes, it is a pain carrying the stupid thing around :(

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a zip-top plastic envelope sold for that purpose in the travel do-dads section. If you are going the photocopy route, also copy the white departure card that immigration stapled in your passport. Don't know if the Thai police really care, but there really is good reason for the authorities to want to see the actual document. A lot of fakes and alterations that would be obvious in the original are obscured in a photocopy. :doah:

Guest lazyphil

When I didn't know anyone I could trust I always kept in my daypack on my back. Since being with my Mrs I leave it in the family home in bkk in a draw for the duration of the visit.

Archived