Thai Girl Has Baby ....Runs away

Torneyboy

Reported last night on our main news bulletins and again tonight.

Thai girl age twenty one hitchhiked to Liverpool hospital in Sydney's west.

Her baby was due then and there.....after giving birth she left the hospital.

her photo from a security camera has been shown on Television to help find her and reunite her with the baby girl "named jessica by staff".

Police say she is not in trouble they just want to unite baby and mother.

If not the child will be given to foster parents.

I don't understand how she could run away from the baby..so many people want a child and can not...this girl leaves her child to grow up.(who knows how)...sad..

My wife tells me this is common in Thailand

:doah: ::

Hi TB,

never heard of any such case in Denmark and Sweden. I guess the girl was overstaying or on a tourist visa and this way ascertaining an australian citizenship for her baby. I never heard of running away from hospitals in Thailand either, but several cases where babies have been left outside a hospital or a nursery - happens also in farangland actually with non-immigrant mothers.

elef

Hi TB,

I wouldn`t be surprised if this was fairly common in LOS.

A few years back I lived in Phuket staying at a friend`s house. My friend couldn`t give birth to a child herself but was looking into the possibility of adopting a baby.

She heard through the grapewine that an acquaintance of hers had given birth to a daughter and that she wasn`t able to look after the child herself.

So we went to see the child for ourselves.

The mother of the child was nowhere to be seen and the child was being nursed by an elderly thai woman.

The little girl was very small, pale and frail and was crying all the time.

She was a drug addict from birth. The mother had been on drugs and booze for years while plying her trade at the bars of Patong. She gave birth to the baby girl in her room on her own and after the birth she attempted to get rid of the child by flushing it out in the toilet!! No shit.

Fortunately the neighbouring bar girls had noticed that something unusual was going on and entered the room and took the baby away from her.

I am sorry to say that my friend couldn`t cope with mothering a drugaddicted baby - cannot really say that I blame her - so she left after giving some money to the elderly lady. Quite a few of the BGs also pooled in to help the lady to take care of the baby.

Sure beats the merit making at a temple donating all kinds of crap to the monks IMO.

Often wondered what happened to that little child so heavily handicapped from birth.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived