Victory! - thanks to U.S. Embassy !

I receive several medications each month which are prescribed for me by my doctors in the U.S. My cousin picks them up at an U.S. pharmacy each month and ships them by U.S.P.S. Global Express. This month however, I was notified that the deliverer 'lost' the slip and that the meds. were being held at Thai Customs in Laemb Chabang. I was told that Thai Postal had to file a police report (of lost slip) & that I had to wait until the main branch of the Thai Post Office in BKK responded, and, also, that I would have to present a letter from a Thai doctor explaining what each medication was for.

Well, I saw my Thai cardiloogist today (14 days after the package arrived in LOS), and he said he never heard of any situation like this. He provided me with a letter; but, he asked me to discuss the problem with my Embassy.

I called the U.S. Embassy, and they resonded within minutes. They called Thai Customs and Thai Postal. ... I was told to simply go to Thai Customs and pick up my meds ... they were ready to pick up when I arrived ... no bribe (as I previously had paid!), and, no duty was owed. They simply handed over the package ... you wouldn't have believed the sour looks on their faces! There's a lesson here: enlist the support of your Embassy when you smell a skunk!

Archived