Streaming Audio Ripper

Palatkik

Palatkik said:

Stuck in Bangkok traffic seems like the best time to catch up on my favorite radio streamed programs ripped from the net and converted to an mp3 player.

I've been using Total Recorder to do this - is there any better alternatives people have used?

I also use Total Recorder.

Be sure to save your masters for this software. The beloved RIAA and MPAA, who just slayed LokiTorrent, are gunning for all of these "virtual sound card" devices. They are listed as being on the endangered species list for software (extinct: Napster, etc.).

English version:

This (type of) software allows you to capture and record any audio stream.

Example: If you use WinAmp or something else that allows you to receive radio or TV over the internet, you can record the sound! You can listen to mp3s from a site that doesn't allow downloading, but you can capture the song anyway!

Pretty neat stuff. Get it while it lasts.

>The beloved RIAA and MPAA, who just slayed LokiTorrent, are gunning for all of these "virtual sound card" devices.

Thanks for the tip! Interesting I have always thought recording radio broadcasts for personal use was legal. Indeed on BBC broadcasts, I have heard presenters positively ask listeners to press the record button if they like what they hear. Although I have read that the recording of on demand broadcasts is a different issue, though I am unclear on this.

Archived