alan shearer..should he stay or should he go?

aussiejohn

Alan says he will retire at the end of this season,yet he would create a new goalscoring record at Newcastle if he were to play on for an other seaon,given his stats. IMO. I think he needs this record because bar the one honour with Blackburn his trophy cabinet must be rather bare. England caps and a big bank balance will not suffice for history to remember him.!!

Yeah, he's 250+ goals in the Premiership but is a long way short of jackie Milburn's record of 200 goals.

1. Jackie Milburn (200 goals)

2. Len White (153 Goals)

3. Hugie Gallacher (143 Goals)

=4. Malcolm MacDonald (121 goals)

=4. Alan Shearer (121 goals)

6. Peter Beardsley (119 goals)

=7. Bobby Mitchell (113 goals)

=7. Tom McDonald (113 goals)

9. Neil Harris (101 goals)

10. Bryan Robson (97 goals)

Go where? :)

I say keep him as long as there's no better replacement found. Until then, keep him and perhaps involve him in the trainings, tactics talk, squad selection and other manager's duties if he's willing to take over some day.

I still believe in Kluivert, such a fine player, but seems to have lost his love for the game.

hate the man,one of the dirtiest Players around and gets away with it because of his reputation in the game.

Mr.T.

your stats are a little misleading.

Shearer needs 12/13 Goals to become the all-time Newcastle Goalscorer in ALL competitions.

he has had the luck in playing in more Competitions then his predessors such as the European Games.

Hi Zaad.

Shearer has already stated that he wants to be a Manager in the Future and had been taking his Coaching Exams for a while now,same as Roy Keane.

he has often been touted as a future Newecastle Boss and it seemed it was expected that Bobby Robson would take him down that road until they fell out.

the question of him leaving at the end of this Season is something that no-one can stop him doing.

he has always been single-minded and whenever he has made a decision he has stuck by it.

Souness wants him to stay and has said he wants to link him up with Owen next Season just so that he can prolong his and Newcastles future.

personally if he becomes a Manager i hope he is a dismal failure and becomes one of the great Players who fall into obscurity......

Archived