Dhaka

kwai_hai

A "friend of mine" is stuck in Bangladesh having to work for a living for a while and this friend is wondering where the hell to go out for some sanuk - a few drinks and some eye candy would be a vast improvement on the German Club, The International Club and all the other boring polite "how are you this evening clubs". All enquiries with the locals lead to a lot of head wobbling, mumbling and the like and no information forthcoming.

Are there some old hands out there who know Dhaka and can give some advice?

There must be somewhere (for my friend to go)...............:-(

Cheers N Beers,

Hi kwai_hai,

I've just been there a few days and had a business dinner all night so no time for sanuk - instead I had maybe the most famous female movie star beside me so I was compensated in other ways.

The international hotels and other bigger hotels are the places to find ladies from actresses to uni students. Of course you can find street girls also but don't ask me where, but remember prostitution is illegal and it's a muslim country. Else it's the same as in Thailand - if you stay longer time arrange a mia noi as the locals do.

elef

Priority is not to deal just to have a few beers in a pleasant environment. The places I mentioned are all full of blokes and are boring as hell. The Australian club was the worst - like a lot of bars back in Oz!

Thanks for the leads - lucky bugger wrt your dinner companion. Does she have a phone number?

Cheers

i lived in dhaka for a while and there certainly used to be ladies around

behind the bagha was 'club 2000' so named apparently cos 2000 taka was the going rate

there were always girls hangin round in the trees near the IC and along the main road near the pakistani embassy

A guy I used to work with told a tale some ten or more years ago. He was faced with two weeks in Chittagong and had failed to do that one thing which is so very important when going to Bangladesh, take it with you.

Holed up in the delightful Agrabad hotel with the weekend rapidly approaching he quizzed the porter about likely companionship and crossed his palm appropriately. With no more than a date and time he waited.

At the appointed hour a kock was heard at the door and he opened it to be greeted by the porter and something clad head to foot in black. Doing once again what was necessary to remove the porters outstretched palm he departed and the black shape glided into his room carrying a large bag. With the door closed the shape disappeared into the bathroom (Do they learn this from TG's?).

Some time later a tasty tart emerged from the bathroom replete with leather mini skirt 4" heels bood tube, the works. It stayed the whole weekend then left to go back to uni in Dhaka a few quid richer and a hole lot sorer (sic).

It's out there, but where?

Cheers,

M.

Archived