Beijing nightlife help

happy1

Hi Happy,

I was in Bejing last September, since I had no idea of the P4P scene I only went to Hard Rock cafe next to Landmark towers. For me the place was too noisy and the choice of girls did not impress me much. Anyway I had two girls from there, an interesting Mongolian and nice Chinese girl. It seems that the going rate is around 1000 RMB ~ 120 US$. First night I paid less the second night I paid more. Quite expensive anyway.

Lots of fun bars for drinking on Sanlitun. I think they've renamed it Bar Street now. Restaurants on and off it on side streets. No go gos. You may be approached on the street there asking if you want a lady.

Across the road is the much quieter Sanlitun Nan - or southern bar street. Again, interesting little bars including a brew house, Irish bar, etc. Nice places to chill out for a couple of hours. No go gos. Lot less people and don't think you'll get approached.

Maggie's is fun. Full of Mongolian hookers. Another fairly noisy joint on the corner half way between Sanlitun and Maggie's. Name escapes me. Tons of expats and Mongolian chicks.

Over by the Hard Rock is Sheraton Hotel and their inhouse disco, Passions if I remember rightly, has lots of ladies. Pricey though.

Suk

You are a bit out of date. South Bar Street has now been demolished, ready for new apartments (I think).

Beijing, like many places, gets better as you live here longer. But for short term visitors, around the Hard Rock/Sheraton Great Wall areas, plus Maggies, or earlier, Pig and Whistle at the Lido are good bets. Plus the main road (Jianguomen) in front of, or a bit west of, the China World Hotel (Guo Mao).

Happy hunting.

• 10 months later...

Archived