A Visitor to Bangkok

Jordon,

Good post. Thanks for taking the time and effort to write it up and post it here. And please do the same for any more of your experiences you'd like to share wih us.

-----

For the record, and to clear this up.....Yes TG wasn't the correct abbreviation to use in J's post. BG was the appropriate one. Not all TG's are BG's, and yes all BG's are TG's (unless the lady is actually Burmese, Viet, Lao, Chinese etc., but some/most may not know this and be able to report the fact maybe) I would hope most of us know that not all TG's are BG's. Rizzo was correct in pointing this out, just so as not to confuse some readers who may be ignorant of that fact. Now can we please end the verbal jousting on this and get on with it?

Cent

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The post is pretty much the way I'd have described my first experiene of Bangkok, probably mentioned to the friends back home something along the lines of:

"If you just glance at a TG, smile, or wink, they are in your lap often with their tongue down your throat or their hand on your crotch."

But I agree with P and FarangDang, BG is a better expression. After a weekend in Amsterdam I wouldn't go home saying how easy Dutch girls are but it's just when we go to Thailand many of us experience nothing else except the Bar scene. (Refreshing when you do talk to normal Thai Girls though).

Also it is kind of an ego thing, it feels better to say how many Beautiful Thail Ladies you had then that you screwed a dozen prostitutes.

FarangDangs point about people thinking Asian chicks are easy when back home is true, they all suffer somewhat from what their naughty sisters reputation. It's a pity because personally many of the Asian women that I come across in Europe are nice good people.

That CP-2 place though, fuck! , how did I miss it, another note now on my must do list.

Sirs,

May we add our own divine and melodious voice to the current debate.

We totally resent the implication that we in some way might use our clean, (although somewhat now rather more mature) rugged good looks, and our luxurious manes of luscious locks, as an aid to sexual promiscuity.

Please cease and desist from using our good name in such a heathen context, or the might of our highly-paid lawyers shall reek vengeance on you.

I mean, we haven't even ever been to Thailand for Chrissakes!

Yours,

Maurice, Robin, and Barry.

people thinking Asian chicks are easy when back home ..., they all suffer somewhat from what their naughty sisters reputation. It's a pity because personally many of the Asian women that I come across in Europe are nice good people.

If anyone needs a more selfish reason to not paint all TGs (or asian girls) with such a broad brush, here it is. Many TGs, in Thailand, and asian girls in the states and europe, have to act much more conservatively than they really want to, just so they don't get categorized by the easy asian girl stereotype.

I have a dream where stereotypes no longer exist; and all girls are easy.

• 4 weeks later...

OHHHH come on!!!!!!!!

ok how about TBG (Thai, BAR, GIRL)

would that be better..

I think people are being childish about jordans post..

so what he used TG..we all knew what he meant..

and no I don't think that his buddy back home will walk up to the first TG and wink at her and hope to get some..

remember their was a fact involved..MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

so any normal humanbeing would understand,,that when buddy talks of TG in the redlight scene of BKK he means PROSTITUTES...

just stating TG or BG in my mind and in the context of the story I clearly understand what he meant..and I feel all his mates will too, when he tells the story to them....

you guys just trashed a fantastic post!!!!!

shame on you guys!!!!!!!

[color:blue]OHHHH come on!!!!!!!!

you guys just trashed a fantastic post!!!!!

shame on you guys!!!!!!! color=blue>

Good idea. We certainly shouldn't ever try to use the correct terms, when any other random term is almost as good. His boiling pustules eking under WYSIWYG almost never rankles my phlebotomy. But you know what I mean, right?

The only "trashing" of this post has been completely due to the overreactions from you and others who jumped all over the original, innocuous correction.

As Cent said already, just get over it. Why dredge this up a month later, especially if you have nothing new to add?

Anyone who continues to use the phrase Thai Girl (or TG) when they really mean Bar Girl (BG) should be corrected as many times as it takes for them to understand there is a difference and that it does matter which term you use. Intentionally using the wrong term when you know the proper one is a sign of idiocy or exaggerated self-importance.

A good trip report as seen through Jordans eyes.And for you guys who critised him for his lack of etiquette,I don,t recall reading any of your trip reports?

Tg,Bg,Gogogirl.If your paying you can call them what the fuck you like.Nuff said.

Archived