Thai word for nymphomaniac?

Central Scrutinizer

Mano,

You were right. She was saying 'hysteria' as 'Hit trearia'.

So that one is out of the running. The other stuff just doesn't have the same exact translation as nymphomaniac. I've delved further and I think there is no exact translation for a female. It seems to be used for both sexes and doesn't translate over.

Cent

• 1 year later...

Cent-

Well I've experience a lot more Thai since this thread and now have more insight into nymphomania.

HI-TEE-REE-YAA is a corruption of hysteria, and is indeed the correct term for "nymphomania". My friend says that this word has been around for many years, i.e., it is not some recent slang term.

It may more often be phrased as ROHK(f) HI-TEE-REE-YAA, which may actually be the clinical term.

NGIAN(f) means horny, and SAO® NGIAN(f) was my earlier guess, but means something more like "horny bitch" or "slut". Goodthaigirl says that this word is rarely used nowadays, but I have never had a Thai person fail to understand it instantly. In fact, most girls react very strongly when called this, even in jest.

BAA(f) GAAM is "sex mad", and is a generic term for both sexes.

<<>>

I have never heard this term, but I bow to Jitagawn's expertise. It sounds like it means a "girl of great strength"?

All,

1. "Hit trearia", (lady who wants to fuck every day, all day all night)

2. "cart my dai" (wants to fuck too much all the time-negative phrase?)

3. "yahk mahk" (fuck too much)

My feeling is number one is the closest to what nymphomaniac means. Clue me in guys will ya.

Cent

1)Hit trearia -> coming from English word "Hysteria"

Now, you might understand more of its meaning.

2)cart my dai -> meaning "can't live without"

3)yahk mahk -> want (sex is ommitted here) a lot

My take would be "Sao raan" or สาวร�า� meaning a woman who wants sex a lot. "Raan" is used to describe only women. The word is the closest I can think of right now. This word gives a little bit of a strong sense of the word but it gets to the point. Please ask your wife's for opinion.

All,

All right you Thai fluent guys. I recently did a story titled "The Village Nymphomanic" in the stories section. During the course of this experience I related my wife was asking me the English word for nymphomaniac. (Read the story and you'll understand why :) ) In the course of our discussions on this I tried to get the word in Thai for nymphomaniac. There didn't seem to be an actual word for this, but maybe I am wrong here. That's why I come to you gents, the Thai Language Ajarns of the board. Here's the three words/phrases I got from her on this. I'd like your input on what is correct, or if these are even close and if there is an actual word in Thai that is the same as nymphomaniac. Please forgive me, but my Thai is small and I spell the words in English phonetically as I hear them. Take a look please:

1. "Hit trearia", (lady who wants to fuck every day, all day all night)

2. "cart my dai" (wants to fuck too much all the time-negative phrase?)

3. "yahk mahk" (fuck too much)

My feeling is number one is the closest to what nymphomaniac means. Clue me in guys will ya.

Cent

You found out that the first option isn't it, but with my limited knowledge of Thai, does option 3 also mean 'very difficult' or is are the tones used different. GTG gave already an interpretion of it.

Archived