Thai word for nymphomaniac?

Central Scrutinizer

All,

All right you Thai fluent guys. I recently did a story titled "The Village Nymphomanic" in the stories section. During the course of this experience I related my wife was asking me the English word for nymphomaniac. (Read the story and you'll understand why :) ) In the course of our discussions on this I tried to get the word in Thai for nymphomaniac. There didn't seem to be an actual word for this, but maybe I am wrong here. That's why I come to you gents, the Thai Language Ajarns of the board. Here's the three words/phrases I got from her on this. I'd like your input on what is correct, or if these are even close and if there is an actual word in Thai that is the same as nymphomaniac. Please forgive me, but my Thai is small and I spell the words in English phonetically as I hear them. Take a look please:

1. "Hit trearia", (lady who wants to fuck every day, all day all night)

2. "cart my dai" (wants to fuck too much all the time-negative phrase?)

3. "yahk mahk" (fuck too much)

My feeling is number one is the closest to what nymphomaniac means. Clue me in guys will ya.

Cent

I'm no expert, here. I've only studied Thai for three weeks. Having said that, there was a girl that I dated here for about a month, who spoke English pretty well. Let's just say that she was pretty enthusiastic about our private life. One night she told me, smiling, "I worried I have hysteria for you." Upon further questioning, she was, indeed, referring to nymphomania. So, I'd lean toward using your first choice.

I don't know whose ear is better, yours or mine. I just assumed it was a Thai perversion of the English word "hysteria". She pronounced it (at least to my ear) that way on more than one occasion. Hope this helps.

Manos

Well my Thai is about as good as my Swahili but anyway.

Nymphomaniac, I've only ever met one, little Indonesian girl who was anything but her name, Angel. Truly a nympho, 100% insatiable. Would just keep going until we, well usually me, collapsed in a sloppy heap. Once asleep she was fine, waking up she had no interest in sex but if it was after about 7pm and there was a bed in the room that was it, goodnight.

So, insatiable, is there a Thai word for that?

I was 27 when I met Angel, we were together for about three weeks. In that time I aged three years.

Cheers,

M.

None of those three ring a bell with me, Cent.

<<<<A fairly common idiom for nymphomaniac is "Sao Raeng Soong"

"Sex mad" is "Bah Gaam">>>>

BAH(f) GAAM I believe is correct, a somewhat clinical term, but may not be a familiar term to the uneducated, just as nymphomaniac might not be.

BAH(f) SEK is the more colloquial term for sex mad.

NGIAN(f)

SAO® NGIAN(f)

YING® NGIAN(f) are the terms I would use personally, which would translate as something similar to "horny bitch".

mano_poderosa said:

I don't know whose ear is better, yours or mine. I just assumed it was a Thai perversion of the English word "hysteria". She pronounced it (at least to my ear) that way on more than one occasion. Hope this helps.

Manos

You are right. It is the same word ! Many Thais don't pronounce the "s" when it is between syllables.

I don't think we have any words equal to nymphomaniac. Ba Karm is pretty close but we use it for males most of the time.

Luckyfarang,

We rarely use "NGIAN(f)" nowadays. And as you mention, it is equal to "horny" not nymphomaniac.

GTG

Archived