Time Management!!

bangkokbutcher

Can anybody help me out with re-scheduling my life to incorporate a decent time management system.

I just dont seem to get the time 'play' on here anymore unfortunately, mainly due to the commitments of life.

All my weeks just seem to flt by nowadays with very little time to do anything enjoyable, apart from the occasional Friday night out on the pi$$.

I work full time (45-50 hours) and run a part time business from home to produce a bit of pocket money.

The missus works part time, which unfortunately means that I get home from work and she then leaves for work, then i have the 3 little'uns to contend with (6, 5 & 2 years old).

They keep me busy till around 8.30-9pm when it's their bedtime, I then get left with around 30 mins till I have to hit the sack due to my early starts, 4-5am usually.

There must be someway I can re-organise my life to have a bit of free time, of course there is always early retirement but 30 years early is a little too soon methinks.

All input appreciated ;)

Perhaps you could have a nanny come over to give you that little bit of needed rest. If you can afford it of course.

A daily nanny would be it but maybe too much trouble and Baht and I think spending time with the kids is important for both you and them.

However, a nanny twice a week would do little harm to that and give you just that extra free time you're longing for.

Just a thought.

Thats fair comment Zaad, and thanks for your input :).

Only problem is, the price of nanny's here in the UK is extortionate to say the least, the ones local to me seem to charge higher hourly rates than my good lady earns, making it pointless for her to go out to work, now that is food for thought, although it is nice to have the additional income coming in for a few little luxuries here and there.

It never used to be this bad, as the in-laws used to love looking after the kids, it's just now the kids aint so little and there is a 3rd, the in-laws just aint as accomodating as they used to be, understandably of course.

It just seems to be a very fine balance between keeping the pennies coming and and having a bit of a life nowadays.

Any local kids that are responsilbe and not cost as much? Neices Cousins?

How about seeing if you can cut back on your work hours, even if it means you need to make the missing $ by spending more time on the part time business, at least thats run from home, so you see everyone?

How about the wives part time job, could she join you in the part time business?

DOG

Hi bangkokbutcher,

english nannies are expensive but foreign au-pairs are not so expensive. Just have your wife accept the idea first or even better make her believe it's her idea and not that you have an idea of an mia noi. If you live in Sweden at least, but I guess the laws are similar - so east european or asian au-pairs are often found here.

elef

Nervous_Dog said:

Any local kids that are responsilbe and not cost as much? Neices Cousins?

How about seeing if you can cut back on your work hours, even if it means you need to make the missing $ by spending more time on the part time business, at least thats run from home, so you see everyone?

How about the wives part time job, could she join you in the part time business?

DOG

Plenty of local kids, although none that i know of which are trustworthy.

Cutting back on hours at work, would be pretty much impossible due to the position i hold, I could I suppose, step down and focus more on the home business, but I would need some capital to help make it a little more worthwhile, trouble is, now that i'm mortgaged up to my neck, pennies are a little tight to say the least.

As for the wife joining me in the part time business, definately a no go, it's an IT related field, and that is definately not on her list of want to's ::, besides she keeps telling me she would miss her mates ::

Thanks for your thoughts though nervous dog...

elef said:

Hi bangkokbutcher,

english nannies are expensive but foreign au-pairs are not so expensive. Just have your wife accept the idea first or even better make her believe it's her idea and not that you have an idea of an mia noi. If you live in Sweden at least, but I guess the laws are similar - so east european or asian au-pairs are often found here.

elef

Thats food for thought elef, I will make some enquiries, not sure what the missus would make of having an au pair around though ::

limbo said:

Doesn't your wife have a younger siss or two? Bring one of them over............

'Fraid not limbo, she has a brother already over here, but not really his kind of thing, bar the occasional night.

Thanks anyway chaps.

Archived