poor old Barnyard Trunk

thai3

Nite Owl says this week:

Due to lack of support on the site, Trink's column is on hold. We are looking for someone to assist with the re-typing of the column into computer format every week. If you think you can help keep it alive then please contact us

Lack of support so Bernie can't be arsed to type it up, any volunteers? Is this the end? From the little I have seen it's no better than the rubbish that was appearing in the post, very sad way to end up-peter

Trink is in his 70s now and not in very good health, if you've seen him lately. He doesn't get out much ... so how can he write about the nightlife scene???

He should be writing a history of the nightlife, but apparently can't be arsed to do so. Hell, everyone would buy a copy. He has boxes and boxes of pics of the bars and dancers too, including more than a few "naughty" pics.

I knew Trink back in the '80s, and he used to tell me all sorts of fascinating tales about the origins of bars, nightlife in the late '60s etc. Nobody knows it the way he does he does, but he just doesn't seem to be interested in preserving it.

[color:"green"] ... so how can he write about the nightlife scene??? [/color]

Does he know how to use a phone? Surely he knows many people in the nightlife biz he can call to find out the latest info. I'd say he has just been too lazy for the last 10 years to do a good job. Since KFC has closed at PP he has no place to go.

Before my first visits to Bangkok in the 80's, Trink was my main source of nightlife info. Mostly Phatpong as NEP and Cowboy were in their infancy. After hours at the Grace and the hard charging Thermae. Things change with places as well as people. I'll give credit where credit is due. HOO AAH for Trink in his glory years.

There are potential problems publishing high profile books on the nightlife scene these days, but if he had done his memoirs on a weekly column basis before putting them all together into a book he would prob be on a winner - people would pay to view them and he would have a whole book after a year or two. You can imagine him on volume 20 in his nineties!

> Does he know how to use a phone?

Well, reading that he can't even type a simple A4 of text into a computer, I wouldn't have hi hopes of him being able to use a phone. Or his own diapers, perhaps.

We're basically looking at the last caughs of the local Pope of Nightlife.

R.I.P.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Archived