President solitarie - anybody stayed there?

bhunter

I stayed there a few times when they'd just opened. First time was when GP ballsed up my booking, and they got me into PS for I think 2200Bt.

Next time I talked my way into it for the same price. Third time, i booked online, they confirmed, and when I got there they said sorry, no basic room Then they gave me their biggest suite for 2700 Bt. It goes without saying i stayed for an extra three days at that rate. But now, I think the online bookings have gotten too expensive. I can now stay at Somerset Lakepoint for a lot less then PS, and although smaller, I think it is almost as comfortable. (and closer to SC)

But the PS fast internet connection is great!

ikkrang said:

I stayed there a few times when they'd just opened. First time was when GP ballsed up my booking, and they got me into PS for I think 2200Bt.

Next time I talked my way into it for the same price. Third time, i booked online, they confirmed, and when I got there they said sorry, no basic room Then they gave me their biggest suite for 2700 Bt. It goes without saying i stayed for an extra three days at that rate. But now, I think the online bookings have gotten too expensive. I can now stay at Somerset Lakepoint for a lot less then PS, and although smaller, I think it is almost as comfortable. (and closer to SC)

But the PS fast internet connection is great!

we already booked the Plat suites , so no way to be "upgraded" i guess

good to know about the internet connection , since we do need to do a little bit of work there everyday.

basicly all i want to know is that the place looks good and not like a guest house :)

• 1 month later...

dude,

have stayed there lots, mainly cos i like the beds..the pillws suck, but th beds are grate.

rates for the rooms, and availability is a bit weird. once they know u tho. they do seem to go outta their way to help.

The night time lift guy has started to get uppity, insisting on the ID of guests i bring home...that included my wife, who got upset by that .....this is a major negative in my book, ignorant security ( only the night guy )

also, the Platinum, is imho a waste of effort, the large hallway is dead space, and the jacuzzi bath is a pain, because there is n shower except the one in the tub...climbing in and out can be downright life threatening, especially when bollix drunk...

I might suggest the slitaire suite, a little cheaper by around 600 baht, and i think bigger...No jacuzzi and onli the one FUCK off size tv in the bedroom.

imho there are better places to stay for similar cash or less.but the beds are grate.

later,

Archived