Remote ? Desolate?

Pom_Jao_Choo

Ignore my location in my details for this post please.

During my first trip to LOS in 89, I already was drawn to the idea of Isaarn as being reltilvely "my Thailand". In the years since, due to the imported bar girls, it has become anything but "mine".

Minions of Ferang arrive daily.

With the hordes of asian tourists expected in the coming decades, I predict a gradual shift of westerners to the Isaans.

Even withoutout my unfounded preciction, what would you in your experiences regard as the most backwoodsy, un-atractive region of Thailand (provincially speaking). Need not be Isaarn, and I'm sorry if i'm asking you to let the cat out of the bag, but where??? does no one travell in LOS in your opinion ? (on my 9 th beer).

I'm not sayin'. Its within about 100 Km of Nong Khai, but native English speakers don't stay around there very long. Cheese and peanut butter are considered very exotic foods and have to be hand carried from the big city. Pizza? hardly!

No kinder, more fun-loving people exist elsewhere.

"(on my 9 th beer)"

Better thinking through chemistry. ::

i guess pom jao choo's fridge was already emptied before this post! :neener:

back to the question: i think beside the mainstream tourist destinations you can still travel around without seeing any farangs or may be just a few. i do not think that any place in Isaan gets soon a major farang tourist destination.

go to the south, Trang for example, phantastic landscape, hardly any farang, further south, even less.

even in many of the small provinces at the boarder of phak klaang with phak nuea like singburi, uthai thani, phichit, chainat; hardly any farang

or in the north phrae, nan, phayao: if you drink one bottle of beer for each farang you see you will stay sober!

Archived