Flower Girl Arrested in Hotel!

SCUM_BAGGIO, the Chuan government DID crack down on the foreign hookers and deported them back to wherever they came from. There used to be Vietnamese and Cambodian hookers at Wongwien 22 and Lumphini Park. They were picked up and have never come back. An expat friend was quited pissed off, since his favourite VN gal is no longer around. Previous to this, the cops would stage periodic raids, lock the girls up for a day or two (for show) and then turn them loose for a cash fine. But after the Burmese rebel hospital seizure and the prison break, the government decided to get rid of illegal foreigners -- including the hookers. These orders were indeed "from on high". The cops had no choice.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by Flashermac:

" ... after the Burmese rebel hospital seizure and the prison break, the government decided to get rid of illegal foreigners -- including the hookers. These orders were indeed "from on high"."

There are still heaps of Burmese hookers in Ranong, for example. Look inside the sleazy Chinese downtown hotels. There are also so many Burmese males in the Ranong area, so many, that some places almost don't feel like Thailand any more. See the area around the harbour at Khuraburi near Ranong; there's an incredible number of Burmese there, many quite shady characters, and they don't look like they go back to Burma at night. In many villages along the border in the Ranong area I've seen Burmese Muslims; I doubt that they stay legally.

Everywhere in small towns or villages in the South you see "roti" vendors. Very often they're Bangladeshis, who - with their skin colour - blend in pretty well with the Southeners. I have talked to many and at first they usually claim to be Thai Muslims. I speak quite a bit of their language, so I trap them and finally they invariably admit to their real identity. They told me that local policemen take tea money from them; on top, local "nak-leng" twist their arms to get at some dough (figuratively speaking) themselves.

While driving with my ex through the forest area around Kapong (40 km southwest of Khao Sok National Park) we saw literally hundreds of Burmese rubber tappers; we had problems asking for directions as they could hardly speak any Thai. Some seem to be living there with their families as we also saw many Burmese children; they didn't seem to go to school since they couldn't speak any Thai either. I presume a similar scenario exists in many parts of Thailand. The often cited figure of a million illegal immigrants may not be off the mark.

The Vietnamese or Cambodian hookers around Wongwien 22 have to a small extent been replaced by Indians. How they get away with soliciting in public is a bit of a mistery - after all, they're extremely conspicuous in their sarees or salwar-kameez outfits. It's not far-fetched to assume that someone's palms get greased.

There are still many Cambodian child beggars around Hualamphong Station; they beg from motorists around the busy intersection in front of the station.

Even if there is sometimes a crackdown, usually after a short time the effort seems to fizzle out. And then it's back to square one. So, why go through the motions in the first place? Cosmetics, that's it.

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

• 4 weeks later...

Does the "Thai Rak" paper have a website? I would be interested to read the article as I have spent MANY a day hanging out at the Golden Beer Bar and just may recognize who they are talkign about. I heard the same thing from one of the girls there about osme of the FG's. Damn shame it is........I hope the Farang got nailed too.

T

I was going to the toilet at clinton plaza and there was a young girl sitting there in heavy make up.

I looked at her thinking to myself "she looks about 13!"

Aman came up behind me and offered her to me for 1000 baht.

I asked her her age and she said 16.

I said bullshit and went for my piss.

Archived