Yahoo! Launch cast music player connecting forever

chilli13

Launchcast is this otherwise brilliant radio that plays my personalised favorite songs non stop, BUT apparantly it doesn't play continously for longer than 1 or 2 songs untill it tries to connect for next song with extended search timre whatever???

This cant be normal can it?

So its just me right?

Its not like it actually appear to be busy communication with server as no up/down link data is sent for most of the time, so maybe its just some weird joke trying to persuade us go paid mode!

My internet cable gives me 2M connection & PC is brand new so thats not the bottleneck for sure...

Any ideas? Norton internet security?

From Launchcast FAQ

My music keeps skipping/cutting out. How do I fix this?

This could be because you're trying to listen to LAUNCHcast at a bandwidth higher than your current network connection supports. You can change your connection settings to a lower bandwidth by selecting the "low" or "medium" stream quality in the LAUNCHcast player window. If you're surfing to other web sites or pages while you play your station, loading those web pages reduces the amount of bandwidth available to stream music to your computer.

Another cause for skipping could be that your computer's processor is maxed out. Try quitting other applications while you are listening to LAUNCHcast.

For optimal performance, try adjusting your player's buffering:

For Media Player:

1. Go to the Start menu in Windows and select "Run..."

2. Type "mplayer2" to launch Windows Media Player.

3. Pull down the View menu and select "Options."

4. Go to the Advanced tab.

5. Select "Streaming Media (Windows Media)" and click "Change..."

6. Increase buffering to "30 seconds of data."

7. Click "OK."

8. Close and relaunch your LAUNCHcast player.

Archived