Motorhead - Part II

UAL875

OK, you may remember a few weeks back when I posted about the grand time I had seeing Lemmy and his gang do their thing in a place called ?the Troc? in Philadelphia. Well since then some developments have hit the radar screen. Firstly, my buddy was able to catch Motorhead later in their tour at something known as Wild Bill?s in Banff. If you are wondering "what?s a Banff", ponder no more. It?s a National Park town in Western Canada. My mate was blown away as Motorhead performed basically the same set they did in Philly except that Wild Bill?s only holds two hundred or so people since it is ? :eek: - a restaurant. WTF?!? I'm not kidding, here?s their menu. Allegedly, the stage area was as big as my kitchen. For kicks, Bomber was played twice as the encore. Fucking genius.

But boys and girls, especially you chaps residing in England, cheerio and yippy-ki-ay. The Motorhead website lists out their upcoming tour dates, check this out. A boatload of gigs in the UK this October and November. Alas, I will be purchasing a ticket on an ANA jumbo jet and spending a weekend somewhere ?over there? as I personally feel the need to have Doctor Rock plastered into my face like a freight train running over an empty beer can.

Whaddya say gents? Anyone gonna join me? Stone deaf forever :applause:

A couple of weeks ago former Guitarist and one and only Fast Edie Clarke had played with the Motörhead-Coverband BASTARD a gig in Germany, watch the amazing pics here on his site under the news section :::

http://www.fasteddieclarke.com/

Motörhead working at the moment on the next studio album, release next January.

But before, this summer will see the release of Lemmy's Kilmisters 2nd soloalbum :yikes:

:beer: :beer: :banghead::beer::drunk:

That link you posted brought back some fond memories ..

Checked out the "Past Tour Dates" and seems i saw the bastards 3 in a row back in '77 ..

Basingstoke Tech .. Mate of mine was on some students union organizing group.

The Marquee .. Remember speeding around the West End, as ya did in '77, wondering what all the blue lights were doing flashing around .. The IRA had hit town ...

Then the Roundhouse .. Which was in fact Capt Sensible's birthday party The Adverts, that Gaye was pretty fit, And Lemmy's boys supporting The Damned who were top drawer ..

Oh the memories .. Thanks for that UAL

Cheers

K.

Guest lazyphil

Just to balance things out we're going to see Jamie Cullum who is supposed to be a good performer?...I dont think my mrs wearing her tight denom mini skirt and white gogo style boots at this gig, more suited to a Motorhead gig :o

Lemmy over Australia!

:birthday: MOTÖRHEAD 30th ANNIVERSARY TOUR :birthday:

with MÖTLEY CRÜE :doah:

Dec 3/05 Sydney, Australia Entertainment Centre

Dec 4/05 Brisbane, Australia Entertainment Centre

Dec 6/05 Melbourne, Australia Vodafone Arena

Dec 8/05 Adelaide, Australia Entertainment Centre

Dec 10/05 Perth, Australia Bindoon Outdoor Festival

:beer::drunk::banghead:

• 2 months later...

Motörhead had to cancel their European Festival Tour after Lemmy has sent to the hospital with dehydration.

Drummer Mickey Dee told that the weather was so very hot, that he (Mickey)

have to drink a lot of water bottles and Gatorades for not to collaps while Lemmy

was always standing in front of the stage in the heat and just drinking always Jack Daniels with Coke....

:drunk:

As bizarre as this may sound, my buddy and I allegedly have tickets (read: I already paid for mine) for the gig in Sydney and are planning to fly down from Tokyo that weekend. I know we have a significant group of posters from OZ and quite a few Motorheadbangers as well so if anyone wants to take the VB beer before or after the gig ? send me a PM.

:yeahthat:

Archived