Stones in Bangkok after USA tour ?

OCgringo

Have you seen them, or even their videos of the last tour? I am not a great fan of the Stones, but that 4 cd video set, sorry, maybe you are spouting off in this thread for the sake of it, but if you know some' about rock'n'roll, these guys carry a big stick. That's mojo working awright.

If only Keith could stop singing....Arrrghhhh :)

pattaya127 said:

Have you seen them, or even their videos of the last tour? I am not a great fan of the Stones, but that 4 cd video set, sorry, maybe you are spouting off in this thread for the sake of it, but if you know some' about rock'n'roll, these guys carry a big stick. That's mojo working awright.

If only Keith could stop singing....Arrrghhhh :)

I saw the group on their last tour live in Zurich. :whatever:

Last winter, i saw also (Stones founder) Bill Wyman and the Rhythm Kings. This was a real good club-concert with R'n'R and Blues spirit.

I liked the Rolling Stones for a long while (never was a fan!) but after Mick Taylor quit his job, the spirit was gone, Rolling Stones today has more to do with a lame Circus as with Rock'n' Roll. And they don't have any new good album since a looong time.

For me, better to watch the "only three guitar riff" Band Status Quo next August again. Much more fun and much more energy. Great last studio album!

In comparison with the bad groups from today, the Stones are still top, in comparison with bands in same age and their era, they have nothing to order more.

Anyway, interesting to talk on this thread about the Stones, remember me back to the 60s and the talks about the pro and contra between the Beatles and the Stones. :)

they have nothing to order more.

---------------------------------------

agree. but in that, they are along with the kind of musicians they based their brand of music with at the beginning, Muddy waters, etc.... Except M. Waters naver had castle to be flown in by helicopter in the Loire Valley! ::

• 3 weeks later...

Mentors,

cheers for The Yardbirds link. Superb group.

If you like them you may also like John's Children. Got their legendary Orgasm album on vinyl somewhere. Also another contemporary gang of hipsters were The Action. I'm sure google will provide some links.

Mentors said:
Torneyboy said:
Mentors said:

These old guys are just embarrasing. There are much better bands in same age but with a better live performance still alive: like Eric Burdon and The Animals, The Yardbirds, Pretty Things etc. etc

You gest!!!!

Eric and the *new animals* played in Sydney a few years ago ...in my local PUB....like 100 people max!!!!!!

The Stones,,,the best rock and roll band of *all*time filled our bigest venues several times over...I was there as i will when the guys hit Sydney on this tour... :bow:

Right, but only with a high-budget marketing campagne, a full stadium has nothing to do with the quality of music. And then, there are always still the rumours about hidden musicians while Stones live gigs... :stirthepo

Hi....Never used these before ...so :devil::cussing::banghead::chili::censored::(:neener:

Hi!

In retrospect Eric Burdon was one of the really great singers of the 60:ies. The double album with War (70:ies) Black Mans Burdon is still one of my best albums. I haven't heard his new setting but what he did in the past should earn him an acknowlegdment even if he is a shadow of his glory days.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived