BKK hotel 600 - 900 Baht

gsoutien

I stayed my last night in Bangkok in Ruamchit Plaza last weekend. They tried to quote 1200/night but I got a room for 900 baht when I said I have stayed there before. This hotel has absolutely the best pool of around 1000 baht hotels in Bangkok. Otherwise I would recommend this hotel for all my friends but when I brought a girl there I had to pay 250 baht to get her in :(.

It's impossible to find a nice place to stay in Sukhumvit for under 1500 baht. Fortuna has been the best value for money at 1200/night but I don't know if they charge joiner fees cause didn't try to bring a girl in. This trip I also tried the Stable Lodge and it was no good.

Dude_Le_Rude said:

Another great pool in Bangkok is at the Atlanta, Soi 2. BUT they are girl UNfriendly! Cool lobby, just to take a look around. totally retro.

The Atlanta has been around for 25 years, maybe longer. Budget hotels in this location are rarely unfriendly. Gentrification? Retro is as retro was.

on their website, and in the lobby, it says that they do NOT welcome sex tourists... but I have heard that if you register her, not just drop off an id, she can go upstairs.

aside from the cool lobby and cool pool and garden,

the rooms suck. kind of like a college dorm. cinderblock walls...

The guest house on the 3rd floor of Sukhumvit 1 Plaza has, I think a daily rate of B900, B300 for 2/3 hours. It is brand spanking new and quite well kitted out I think. Plenty of company available from 4.00 pm and the rooftop is open until 6.00 am. Got to be worth a look.

Dude_Le_Rude said:

http://theatlantahotel.bizland.com/

No email, AND sex tourists are not welcome.

Some people!

WOW!, what a rant. The site reads more like a sermon. The hotel has been around for a long time so it does its job in catering to the "Puritan" type guest. I wonder if the guests shade their eyes when exiting the soi on to lower Suk? My God, this is Bangkok. A hard man made humble. ::

The Nana Inn on Soi 3 which is about 50 yards past Bamboo Bar and right before you get to the Zenith Hotel. Rooms here are clean with ice cold air and if I remember correctly, they run about 850 or so a night. I always ask for one of the rooms on the back as they really have a cool city view.

Archived