Oral HIV test ... available in LOS ??

Haven't had time for much monitoring or posting here but with my next trip scheduled to begin in a few weeks, thought I should make time ...

In response to a poster asking about oral transmission of HIV ... it is possible, tho far less likely then other means ...

There is a test kit available only to health care professionals in America, but I wonder if any of you in LOS could visit pharmacies to see if it's available there ... and if so, the cost ...

The test consists of an oral (Q-tip type) swab that can give accurate HIV status results in minutes ... it's called Oraquik and made by Orasure ...

Company website is --> Orasure Website CLICK HERE

PLEASE BE AWARE that someone in the "window period" could actually be HIV Positive yet show a Negative result much as with other tests ... however, if it's available, and cheap, it certainly would be a nice way to "rule out" anyone who tests positive ... and thus improve the odds of sanukers ...

Would be grateful for anyone onsite who could gather and post information on this ...

Regards to all ...

tc4rob

tc4rob-

first i appreciate all your advice in the health section-

yes, you can purchase oraquick hiv tests here- they are manufactured in thailand- i bought a test kit at suriwonge clinic (they probably do the most hiv rapid tests in thailand)

the cost for one kit is 2000 baht (5 tests)- they are not sold in pharmacies yet- the doctor at the clinic said he thought that the clinic rapid tests were 98% accurate- he thought the oraquick tests were 95% accurate when administered properly- the instructions are in english

suriwongse clinic is located on a small soi off suriwongse road- it's the first soi west of patpong 2- it's the soi with all the traditional thai massage and foot massage shops- entering the soi, the clinic is on your right, 20 meters from the main road- can't miss it- it's open until midnight except on sundays

• 3 weeks later...

Does this test work before the 3-month window period is expired?? I just posted my question on this board - wandering around Pattaya panick-stricken. If I could get a 95% certain correct result, that'd be enough relief for me not to go totally nuts.

These 'quick tests' that according to the doctor would be 98% accurate, are these tests within the 3-month window?? What would be the minimum waiting period for these tests, a couple of days or something?

stupid stupid

i think we have all been overcome with anxiety at one time or another because of unprtotected sex and/or broken condoms- if you want some piece of mind, have the girl tested

as for you, according to the cdc the average exposure shows up in 25 days- after 3 months 95% and after six months 99.9%- so you still have some sleepness nights ahead of you- but remember this you can't control was has already been done- so enjoy yourself and be more careful next time

Archived