Yahoo! mail problem

Palatkik

I have an annoying problem with Yahoo! web based mail.

Occasionally, more often than not at times, when I reply to an email and press SEND, the web site goes to a blank reply page instead of the message sent display page all my reply message is lost.

Anyone else experienced this or know what the prob is?

Cheers

usually this occurs because your session has timed out. most likely the problem is the ISP server, but there are many variations of this problem occuring.

So out of my control :-(

One thing I notice is that if I use IE and press the return button the mail I was typing reappears and I can retry SEND again which can then be sucessful. With Firefox my mail is lost if I press the return button. I generally prefer Firefox for all my surfing - except for Yahoo! web mail at the moment.

basically yes :)

I think that IE makes a cache as you go along. FF probably can do that as well, but you would need to tweak the settings. Maybe one of the IT hotshots will reply and give us more info.

If your reply will be long, try doing it in Word and then using a cut&paste to avoid timeouts. The other is to 'copy' all the text BEFORE you hit the send button. That way you can just paste it again if you get the blank return form.

Or... find a better ISP.

Anoying though. I know that NewPetchPete and I both had that problem for awhile last winter. Now I haven't had it again after changing locations.

Archived