Why Bangkok is a First World City

Ckrisg

Bangkok

The Skytrain is safe, cheap, clean and generally runs on time.

Metered taxis are safe, cheap and plentiful

Its generally safe to walk the streets

I'm a foreigner in foreign land

I dont have to worry about being bollocked when I speak non PC

Cheap and fantastic food is available everywhere

Internet Access is widely available and cheap

First class hotels are cheap

Beautiful girls are everywhere

The sun is on your back everyday

Manchester UK

The Metrolink is grossly expensive, unsafe, dirty but is usually on time

Metered Taxis are expensive, scarce and not always safe especially when Sileakhunt is driving

Its unsafe to work the streets in the City Centre and downright fuc... dangerous in some other areas

I'm a foreigner in my own town

PC is out of control, work has just banned the use of the term brainstorming as it upsets people with brain disorders???

The food is generally horrible and restaurants expensive

We have one internet cafe and its 160 baht an hour, Its also a refuge for every Bum in the City Centre

Five star Hotels are grossly expensive and fleapits are not much better

Beautiful girls are everywhere!!!!!!!!!!

It pisses down nearly everyday

Oh take me to Bangkok

Guest lazyphil

Dont want to nit pick but Bangkok is a 1000 times more violent and dangerous than Manchester....just look at the murder stats and car wrecks etc etc :(

Phil

Dont shatter my dream I'm having a bad day, its been 5 months since my last trip.

Strange but in 10 years of travelling to and for two periods living in Thailand I have never seen a street crime.

I know it not Utopia but its better than living here

Guest lazyphil

My cousin lives in Haslingden (Greater Manchester?), I have had my passport stamped here a number of times. I understand you!

"just look at the murder stats and car wrecks etc etc "

Phil, any link to those stats?? 1000 times seem a bit steep.

Besides, moving to Manchester seems as attractive as shooting oneself in the foot...

Guest lazyphil

ok slightly higher than reality, but you get my drift, hey Manchester has the Arndale shopping centre :: ::...no stats but if fly was still here he could shed some light on the subject, but I cant understand this love of Bangkok, ok I can, its a Bladerunner place that makes one feel quite excited and alive but its in imo exhausting, hot and generally a very uncomfortable place to be.....unless you/i stay locked away in the comfort of an A/C condo/house.....

Good point, Samak - we've made the point several times that a large part of Europe (including Britain) is in real danger of becoming 'Third World', while many of the developing nations have pockets of affluence which the rest of us will envy.

BTW Phil, I've told you a million times not to exaggerate ::

"but I cant understand this love of Bangkok, ok I can, its a Bladerunner place that makes one feel quite excited and alive but its in imo exhausting"

Yeah?!? Now I need to fly back... a Bladerunner place... You Phil hit a nerve...Did you copy on the board bar or just a random shot?

Random... alive and drunk... Love Bangkok, love Yangon, love Paris... and love Bladerunner...

Archived