Air asia-Is it usually on time?

dean

In August (20th), I'll fly Air Asia to Phuket. I'll arrive at Phuket's airport around 10:30 P.M.. How hard will it be to get a taxi to Patong at that time? Also, on 27 August, I fly to Bangkok from Phuket and arrive about 2:05 P.M. I want to take the next flight to Chiang Mai, which hopefully would be on Nok Air around 3:45 P.M. Am I allowing enough time (one hour and forty minutes) between flights or should I just wait until the next morning to fly to C.M.? By the way, does anyone know why Nok Air is not taking any reservations past 15 July?

i flew Air Asia to Phuket a couple of Weeks ago and i was very happy with the service.

i got in 15 Minutes early and had to hang around for the Taxi which was picking me up.

the return flight was also early arriving in BKK.

some lovely Staff i must say.

no problem getting a Taxi as you will have to fight your way through the mob to leave the Terminal.

i always have the Hotel pick me up and never use the metered Taxis but i doubt you will find one which will use the meter.

you will probably be quoted a flat fare.

also there is the official Taxi booth at the exit.

I fly Air Asia about twice a fortnight.

The morning flidhts are on time, and get worse as the day progresses.

This is because their turnaround ime is only 30 minutes, not enough to offload, clean, top up the tanks, clean the window, and load the next lot of passengers.

Hence, it gets worse.

Letely there have been a number of flights cancelledd too!

That said i am going to Phuket for work on 24th, but getting the evening flight back on the 25th, I expect it to be late!

Getting a taxi to Patong can be expensive, Nok Air has some good package including Air/Hotel/Taxi service, 4000 baht 3 days 2 nights.

OR

See if your hotel will pick up, the one I am staying this trip does it for 600 baht round trip.

DOG

Dean,

Have only tried them 2X and not a good experience. 1st time in December (BKK-CM) 9AM flt. No warning, no anouncement, no staff at check in. Flt left 3 hours later :( A month later same problem CM-BKK. This time 4 hours late :: No more. I wil stay with TA even though it costs more.

I'll wait and see when Nok Air starts to book August flights. Several years ago, I flew to Heathrow and then allowed 3.5 hours to make it to Luton Airport and fly Easyjet to Edinburgh. The plane was 45 minutes late and customs was extremely crowded. I didn't make it on time. Easyjet was nice enought to put me on the next flight with no extra charge, but I had to wait 9 hours at Luton. If I have to take the last NOk Air flight on Saturday, 27 August, I go into Bangkok for a few hours and go back to the airport.

I haven't flown Air Asia yet but with both Air Asia and Nok Air, you can't check in more than two hours in advance and check in ends either 45 or 30 minutes before departure. With short flight times (1-1.5 hours), seating doesn't concern me much (as long as I don't get a middle seat).

I flew Air Asia four weeks ago,from Bkk to Chaing Mai,the flight was supposed to be about mid day,which they cancelled,then it was supposed to leave about 10pm,and we had to wait for the aircraft to do another trip,as they was short of air crew,we eventually took off at 1 am,we lost a day in more importantly a evening in Chaing Mai.

The return flight to Bangkok was fine.

Poskat,

Well worth making sure your near the front of the queue, doesn;t mean gettingg there first, rather, standing near the counter, so when flight is called, run over.

best seats are 1 b - looks right up the skirt, often get this one.

Of over the wing there is a row with a window seat removed, this gives someone a extra long leg room.

DOG

Archived