Agree with this?

Someone e-mailed me:

---QUOTE---

stupid maybe -but no need to feel depressed

If the girl is infected the chance for the partner to get it is 1 in 500. If you

didn't "come" inside, the chance must probably be lower. If you had no wound, no

irrition inside and no uncured other STD, that also makes the chance lesser.

Take the test to reassure yourself, but don't worry in the meantime! Go about

your normal life.

---END QUOTE---

Basically yes. I understand your anxiety - been there before. The 'odds' of catching it have many factors... other std's, cicumcision (appears to lower the odds), mentruation, personal chemistry, and of course the hiv status of the other, etc.... but in general female to male hetero transmission rate is low (that 3-5% is WAY WAY higher than any other one I've seen...). REally this board is not the best place for info of this kind- web surf and talk to a councelor.

Try not to freak out too much - just be wiser in the future, eh? Odds are very much in your favor.

The infection rate in LOS is higher than other countries like Europe and America. This is believed to be because the girls also carry other diseases which puts more strain on the immune system. [A doctor I know believes a contributing factor to this end could also be increased alcohol consumption which results in a weaker liver]. There was a 1994 study done of military personnel visiting HIV+ prostitutes in LOS and the infection rate was 3%-5% per act when unprotected.

Why don't you do some research yourself. There is lots of info freely available on the internet that will be good reading and probably help put your mind at ease.

Stupid_Stupid

I'm no expert, but from what I've come to understand or perceive is that non-circumcised guys have a greater chance of harboring germs under the foreskin more so than a guy without the foreskin. The foreskin provides a safe haven for germs that require moisture, heat, and darkness to live longer.

Just my 2THB

quote:

Originally posted by Stupid Stupid:

Worldwalker, how come circumcision would LOWER the odds? I would expect the opposite?

Don't know the reason, though I seem to remember someone speculating that it was because the forskin harbors a lot the immune system cells that hiv attacks. Good for fighting warding off stds but bad for getting hiv.

This info was from a study done a few years ago someplace in africa, where they monitored discordant couples for rates of transmission. One of their suprizing findings was that none of the 50 hiv- men that were circumcised got it from their hiv+ partner in 2 years. This was a very controversial study, because the participants were not informed of their hiv status. Search forit on the web.

Stupid stupid, have a look at www.virusmyth.net.

Ask yourself this, do you know any hetrosexual men who have hiv who are not iv drug users?

The crime here is the misinformation dished out by our PC media. They want hiv/aids to be an equal opportunities virus, which it isn't.

In one study I read about conducted over 7 years, non hiv men who were living with hiv women were tested periodically, none after the 7 years developed it.

We have had two posters on this forum their wives/ girl friends they subsequently found out were positive, they had enjoyed full adult relations with them for a good while, not positive.

One of the actors in the 70's cop program Starsky and Hutch, his wife caught it from a blood transfusion in the early 80's

They were unaware for approx2 yearsagain he didn't catch it. I could go on and on with examples. crazy.gif" border="0

[ October 29, 2001: Message edited by: spirit_of_town_hall ]

EscapeRabbit There was a 1994 study done of military personnel visiting HIV+ prostitutes in LOS and the infection rate was 3%-5% per act when unprotected.

Just curious when was this study done? I'll admit that a few years back I was the biggest free skinner known to man. I would always promise God I would work with HIV patients if he spared me. So far so good however, I will never, never, never, free skin again. Remember if your pitch'n and not receive'n the odds are on your side. Put on the rain coat!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif" border="0

Sorry not when but where and with who, did service members know??? Reason being I would say I spent 92-96 in Asia in and out of LOS and various areas and no one I worked with ever came down with anything. We were all very close and would know if there were any problems.

Thanks for any details laugh.gif" border="0

Archived