Bumrungrad vs. Soi Zero

Savittre

Well, I get myself checked out from time to time, and previously I'd understood that Bumrungrad hospital was/is the best place to do it... then again, I see in these forums, reference to Soi Zero clinic...

Can anyone give me a rundown? My main concern is STD's. How do they compare, talking quality and price, also how long do I/we wait for test results?

TIA

Savittre smile.gif" border="0

Savittre--

I don't know about everyone else, but I vote for Bumrungrad all the way... They are NOT the cheapest at all (in some cases the MOST expensive) but I think (IMHO) they have some of the best Drs and facilities in all of Thailand... I don't cut corners with my health, so I find the best..

Plus, where have you seen soooo many drop-dead (no pun intended) gorgeous nurses in one place????

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

I was unfortunate enough to spend some time in Bumrungrad's 5 stars hotel. I can confirm they have the niciest room ladies around.

After I recoverred somewhat I was given a walk around the intensive care area by a beauty and saw the huge bathroom in my room. I asked the nurse if I could have a shower. She disconnected me from the monitors and lead me to the bathroom where she took off my pyjamas. Once naked I made her understand she could leave. Mai dai she said, you are unable to shower. She soaped, rinced, dried, put my pyjamas back on and brought me back to bed. Her shoes and pants were soaking wet. That's service with a smile.

Back home in the local hospital (two times more expensive than Bumrungrad, although it is not cheap for Thai standards) the first morning I was presented an inox bassin with lukewarm water and the not so beautifull nurse said : you can wash yourself, can't you? Well, better answer "yes"

Bumrungrad is supposedly the number one hospital in Thailand, and from my stanpoint was the best I ever saw. Their medical knowledge is not worldclass. One of the physicians who took care of me at Bumrungrad studied in my hometown university hospital renowed to be within the top 10 worldwide and that's good, but they miss progress made since. Their proposed intervention was technologywise behind what they achieved at my home town. Nevertheless Bumrungrad was higlgy equipped and had skilled staff.

In Pattaya "Pattaya International", soi 3? is high class as well. Broke a toe there, was put in plaster and received "crutch walking training" by two gorgeaous and funny nurses. Wished I spent more time on training with them though.

Can some one elaborate on Soi Zero Clinic? I only know Soi Zero bars.....

quote:

Blackie

Regular

Member # 264

posted September 23, 2001 05:55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear K.Kangaroo,

what sort of money are we talking for ALL the tests to be done, (incl HIV) a friend recently forked out over 2000B at
the clinic at Soi Zero.
I think she got stung!

(err, she was negative on all counts I'm happy to say!).....

There it is, I found it, it's from these boards, Relationships forum, thread called 'Seeing through the Lies'....

Savittre,

just past the Imperial Hotel on yr right is a small shopping mall, drive/walk in and the clinic is on of the first shops(?) next to a VN restaurant.

It's very clean and modern and the Dr., (that day) spoke perfect English.

I just found their card.....

Ruamrudee Clinic,

20/8-9 Soi Ruamrudee,

Ploenchit Rd,

BKK 10330

Tel: 02 251 4354 & 02 251 4712

I have no idea of the various costs but I happened to get stung by Noi for her bill to the tune of 2000B+ as she went there with insufficient funds. Her checkup had nothing to do with me. frown.gif" border="0

I'm still waiting for my 2k! TIT laugh.gif" border="0

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: Blackie ]

Archived