Closings: Bars at 1, TV at 12!!

Khun_Kong

the problem is the energy is sold below cost ,

petrol, diesel and electric are are fixed rates while the worldwide cost keeps going up.

The goverment wants to stay in power and raising prices to actual cost would get them kicked out....

So we get stupid things like no late night TV, closing gas stations in the middle of the night etc

It will not get better , just more stupid regulations

One thing that Electricity Authority of Thailand could do to conserve the energy is to repair faulty connections on power lines.

Everytime I am in Thailand I see and hear those faulty connection everywhere, when the rain start look at those connections they are so hot that water vapor is coming out when the rain start to hit them.

A other problem they have at some places are the overload of cuircuit and that produce heat on the power lines and heat is energy.

suadum said:

55555555555555 You just can't make this shit up!

Cheers,

SD

Suadum,

Yep. Time to invest in a VCD and DVD stall methinks! ::

Imagine all the babies that'll be born once they do this! What else is there to do (please don't even say read! Gimmee a break.) besides go to bed and create more babies! :dunno::chili::sex:

Cent

p.s. Hmmmm. Now what will they do with the bars open until 1 a.m.? Shut off the lights and turn off the music? Or just change the closing times to 12 as well? :: Wanna bet? :redflag::banghead:

So far, no action on this front. Either "immediate" and "now" have different meanings in Thailand or voluntary compliance is at 0%. Looks like, come Monday, the economy can take its crash and Toxin can blame it on TV.

I think the point made by the poster above that every bit of energy helps to drain Thai money reserves combined with T's unwillingness to let prices rise to real levels is the reason behind this.

Falang said:

OCgringo wrote "the problem is the energy is sold below cost ,"

That is why oil compagny make huge increase of profit year after year.

energy in Thailand is probably below cost now at $60 a barrel,

I doubt the oil companies make that much right now in Thailand.

but yes worldwide the oil companies have massive profits :(

Archived