Is it the Water??

drlove

Yesterday I had diarrhea all day. It was very strange because I was fine otherwise and hadn't eaten anything suspicious, although I do eat mangos and apples from the street vendors. Do it all the time.

But I'm in Pattaya and there is a bad water shortage in the reservoirs. I usually drink the water that you buy in six liter packs for 15 to 20 baht. How is that water processed - is that "ionized" processing and what does that do.

I was thinking that maybe because the reservoirs are low the water we end up with is not as clean as it is when there is more water. This water is then processed (ionized?) locally, but maybe there is a bug getting through now that the process doesn't filter out or kill.

I bought Nestle bottled water in a 6 liter bottle and put all the other water aside. The problem cleared up right away. Maybe it was going to clear up anyway, or maybe I was adjusting to a microbe. Or maybe it was the water.

Any thoughts on this??

Thanks,

Dr. Love

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I do not really trust the small 1 liter bottles unless you bought them in a place like Lotus or Big C. Better stick to the well known brands. It could easily have been the water.

But then again, you didn't tell if you have been out visiting the bars all week :) .. that I think could do it as well

Archived