Olympics 2012 The Winner is .........

ultras67

London.

54 votes to 50 in the last round of voting.

Ho hum Yet more money going into an already subsidised city for the "national good" How the billiois of pounds going into ( amongst other things) the improved transport system of London is going to help Glasgow, Manchester, Liverpool etc etc is beyond me.

I suppose it will be good tv but on a day to day basis wont do anything for me.

ultras67 said:

London.

54 votes to 50 in the last round of voting.

Ho hum Yet more money going into an already subsidised city for the "national good" How the billiois of pounds going into ( amongst other things) the improved transport system of London is going to help Glasgow, Manchester, Liverpool etc etc is beyond me.

I suppose it will be good tv but on a day to day basis wont do anything for me.

Looked like Paris at one point..well done London!! ::

I understand what you are saying...in Sydney for the 2000 games i thought the same.

More traffic bla bla .

However ..the city was great they came up with so many changes and good ideas for the few weeks that it was FUN for us!!!

A lot of money was made by shops.cabs,city buses etc etc .

Go with the flow and you will enjoy the time..imho ::

Congrats London. Good luck and well wishes for having the games come off withouit a hitch. I had my fears about NYC hosting frankly. For one, I am not sure if New Yorkers were gung ho about hosting it and the security issues gave me pause. It would be a prime target for terrorists with the world watching.

You guys seem more happy about beating the French than hosting it.

Hopefully they spend tons of money in London and upgrade the Underground ,

even better start a new underground, leave the old one working and build another one in seperate directions,

After the olympics see which lines will be useful and close the others.......

and build a few 1000 affordable hotel rooms , since shitty places go for 50-60 quid a night there is room for Motel 6 type places all around London.....

Archived