Vientine Restraunt Pattaya

cactus

The fish in question is the Chou Phraya catfish or the" pla suay "in Thai speak.These are the same ones that flock around the Temples in Bkk in their thousands.(I know this as I'm the best angler on the board::and I can back it up as well LP!)

According to Teeruk,they taste revolting and she favours the " pla chion",a catfish thingy with teeth at the front.The Issanians love em though but they seem to eat anything there!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" One can rent a rod and reel for 40 Bt./day! "

It costs a darn sight more than 40bht if your having a piss in the bushes when one of the fish decides to take your bait.You'll usually get back just in time to see 1500bht's worth of equipment disappearing into the murky depths! :(

New Petchburi Pete said:

The old Vientianne Restaurant on Second Rd. was quite decent. Unfortunately, we ate at the new one on Walking Street last week. The food however, was not good and very over priced. I'd have to say that this place sucks, and is a must-avoid tourist trap! ...<snip>..

I wholeheartedly agree. I've been living in Pattaya a few years, however I'd never visited the Vientianne at their original location. Last month my Thai landlord came into town. He suggested eating at the (new) Vientianne, so we and a number of friends trudged down Walking St. Alas, the food was marginal and the prices were touristy. The only positive comment I can make about this restaurant, is that the service was prompt and the sea view was nice. I can get superior food...and a sea view...from a number of 20-Bt food stands. The Vientianne is a definite PASS!

Archived