Another good excuse to come to BKK...

Isn't 6 office visits a bit many for a root canal? I need similar work done, I thought it would take 2 maybe 3 vists max...

How does medical care in Thailand compare with the United States? How about the quality of the dental hardware you received?

On a lighter note.. If I received a gold crown, would I have to declare it to customs when returning? It would suck if for some strange reason it wasn't allowed back into the US! shocked.gif" border="0

-=/NN

quote:

Originally posted by Showtime:

In the past month I had a root canal on a back molar, filling and a dental post and crown done. Average cost in the States is $$2,000. Here it was 10,000 baht or $230 They did a great job. Very profesional and caring. The procedure took 6 office visits but the $1,800 savings will pay for airfare and many nights at the hotel.

My Father-in-law is having a quintuple coronary artery bypass surgery next week at Bamrungrad hospital. Estimated cost is 500,000 baht which is $11,500. The average cost in the States is $45,000 for the same procedure.

Not saying if you have a heart prob, I would go to Thailand but If I was here. Would feel safe knowing they are consider one of the best hospitals in Asia.

quote:

Originally posted by Neon Ninja:

[QB]Isn't 6 office visits a bit many for a root canal? ]

Root canal should take 1 to 3 visits, I guess. But for crowns they usually take up to 6 visits at the more respectable facilities. There is some logic to it. Each step I guess can have some complications, so they do not hurry along to get it finished and then at the end find out the root is still infected or so.

By the way, I have had crowns placed at other places in just two sessions, so it is possible.

In the past month I had a root canal on a back molar, filling and a dental post and crown done. Average cost in the States is $$2,000. Here it was 10,000 baht or $230 They did a great job. Very profesional and caring. The procedure took 6 office visits but the $1,800 savings will pay for airfare and many nights at the hotel.

My Father-in-law is having a quintuple coronary artery bypass surgery next week at Bamrungrad hospital. Estimated cost is 500,000 baht which is $11,500. The average cost in the States is $45,000 for the same procedure.

Not saying if you have a heart prob, I would go to Thailand but If I was here. Would feel safe knowing they are consider one of the best hospitals in Asia.

The root canal took 3 visits which included the filling of the root.

The crown and post took 3 visits. They had different crowns as for cost. I took the most expensive so it's possible to get it done cheaper than $230.

Archived