Lubrificants; my 2B worth

Tycona

Decided to do a post about my experiences with lubrificants. Would like to hear your experiences/recommendations as well... smile.gif" border="0

I myself have tried three different lubrificants over time. Astroglide, KY and Eros. All three lubrificants can be used with condoms safely.

My favourite at the moment is Eros. Eros, unlike the other two lubes, is not waterbased. It is not sticky like Astroglide and even works underwater smile.gif" border="0 Waterbased lubes get absorbed by the body and require reapplication. Eros is not silicone or oil based as well. Don't know what it is based on... Its ingredients are: dimethicone, dimethiconol & cyclomethicone.

Eros has been great for long/multiple sessions. It stays slippery forever smile.gif" border="0 A disadvantage would be that it is more difficult to get rid of than KY and Astroglide. Eros can even be used as a skin conditioner or a massage oil... KY is the worst of the three IMO.

Websites (which suck): www.erosusa.com www.pjureros.com

quote:

Originally posted by Tycona:

Decided to do a post about my experiences with lubrificants. Would like to hear your experiences/recommendations as well...
smile.gif" border="0

I myself have tried three different lubrificants over time. Astroglide, KY and Eros. All three lubrificants can be used with condoms safely.

Websites (which suck):

There is a very interesting article in Salon

(http://www.salon.com/sex/feature/2002/01/16/lubes_hiv/index.html) that discusses the impact of

selected lubs on HIV.

"At the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, a team led by noted virus researcher Samuel

Baron, M.D., a professor of microbiology, has discovered what could be another promising

way to reduce risk of HIV transmission -- three safe,

inexpensive, widely available sexual lubricants."

Archived