Stable Lodge

happyfarang2547

This place is a great place to stay in the 1200B price range. The thing that stands out about it is it didn't feel like I was in a hotel. It was more like being a guest in someones home. The food in the restaurant is great as well. Yes, bring all of your girlfriends they are welcome. It's a Danish owned place so there are plenty of Danish families mixed with Punters with their Thai babes and it's all casual. The Danish are very open and tolorant so you won't get any of the typical western girl bitch attitude. The hotel is on Soi 8 off Sukhumvit. Just Google Stable Lodge Bangkok to find their web site.

trooper said:

Funny....I stayed in the 1400 baht room, found it not worth that price. Pool sucks, narrow hallways, world's smallest elevator, noisy air con...Food was good but expensive.

was there some years ago; unclean rooms, swimming pool crowded with shouting farang kids, rusty safe deposit boxes. Only the large balcony was good.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Promenade just opposite is a better bet...if you are cheeky you can still get it at 1000bht a night cash....very guest friendly!

:liar:

:troll:

Get the hell out of here! :). I stayed there 5 or six years ago and it was the worst dump imaginable. :barf: And i saw reports here not long ago that they have done nothing to remedy the situation. Which means its in even worse shape and that is hard to imagine. Are they really getting 1000 baht? Its not even a good location . :shakehead

you can get the Promenade for 800 or 900 hundred if you can bargain well, but it is a shithole with noisy construction right next door and very noisy a/c units. do not stay there. stable lodge is noisy too, because of that contruction, and now that they are starting to build (a Thai boxing arena, of all things) on Soi 10, it will continue to be noisy... forget both places.

not good hotel, to small elevator, rooms not beautifull,

and specially now, when they are working on the road, you can not enter clean, with your gf....

soi 8 now is a dump.... ask the ladys from lolitas... they almost have no work

Archived