Stable Lodge

happyfarang2547

Yup, I stayed their in Nov 2004 and found the a/c to be warmish, the facilities run down, and the elevator annoying.

I did however enjoy it being so close to the BJ bar on the same soi...

Can find better, I would only stay here again if other locations were booked...

A shit hole roach infested, but classic place with the quickest and easiest access to Lolitas is the Sukhumvit Crown. Entrance from either Soi 6 or the very same alley as Lolitas off soi 8.

worth a stay, at least a short time stay, just to say you HAVE stayed there once in your life. I love the sign they have over the elevators.

The Promenade is a shit hole just because it is a shit hole.

The Suk Crown, on the other hand, has a long history of being a shit hole, yet it retains its' original character and the old atmosphere of BKK during the Vietnam GI R&R days. A rare place.

go have a look sometime. be sure to request a room with the ceiling mirrors and red lights.

stay for a short while...

after that, move on. ::

Mentors said:
Dude_Le_Rude said:

A shit hole roach infested, but classic place with the quickest and easiest access to Lolitas is the Sukhumvit Crown. (...)

Sukhumvit Crown :: :barf: :barf: This is the most ugly hotel i ever was in LOS, and that is more than 12 years ago. horrible ::

I remember asking in that hotel if they did rooms on a short time basis - no was the answer - I was mighty surprised and settled for an overnight rate and left 3 hours later. I would agree though its a craphole of the first degree.

Cheers

Hi all,

I stayed 2 nights at the stable lodge hotel around mid august 2005 and I have to say that it doesnt really worth the price.

As it was previously said there is a construction just in front of the hotel which is noisy but that it isnt really a problem because they stop working around 10-11PM and I usually go back to my room much later than that when in BKK. Anyway to road going to the hotel is really dirty because of the construction and you will often find a big truck in front of the hotel.

The rooms are not so good, old furnitures and the airco is so noisy that I had to use ear plugs to get asleep.

The food in the restaurant is quite good but _very_ expensive compared to other restaurants in bkk.

As mentioned by someone else before they are guests friendly.

Cheers

Johan

promenade for 800bt(nanapong discount) few years back with one of the rare experiences of a angels 1k LT chic 3am fuck & nude swim in the 24h rooftop (tiny) pool probably counts as one of those stays I'd late forget ;)

stable lodge? forget it without excitement at all(danish management)!

crown soi6 LOL. stayed there as well those early LOS days what was it for the noise a/c rooms 340bt perhaps?

not too bad actually, but the soi1 or soi 4 guesthouse style digs are probably a better bet for the discount hagglers :)

happy bunking!

Archived