mid price schools for a 5 yr old?

HI,

I'm helping my brother look into schools for his son- both in bkk and pattaya.

not looking for those high priced, farang-only international schools.

seeking a reasonably priced, bilingual or international school somewhere along a BTS line.

any help would be appreciated!

thanks.

Dog:

can you give more details on this, i have a child going there now.

only gripe i had at one time was the water cooler with a "cup on a string" germ sharing system. which was gone after i pointed it out.

Lady I knew was teaching early grades. She didn't like the quality of teaching however was more concerned about kids in higher grades, generally the kids seem to run amok pretty bad (as confirmed by the girl I was banging from there - she was 18 by the way and I thought from the Uni)

The other problem was the quality of education, she felt, and I have been there, that the kids aren;t taught that well.

DOG

No worries - problem is I want my kid to be able to speak english (fuck help her if I am the only one teaching her) but I can;t like many afford a high flying school, so I chose Rassami. They are not great but not bad, and the teachers my kid had was good. The school grounds are crap, quite small, so she;s only staying heir till we send her to Aus or can afford somewhere better.

Sad really, but no other choice! I could get her into the cheap thai/english school out near Rangsit, which seems to be a LOT better but that means and hour plus each way, far too long for a 3 year old to suffer na bus.

As it is the 15 mintues it takes to get home from Rasami she often falls asleep!

DOG

Dont know about Thailand but Mont. has a good reputation back here. The qality depends on the teacher ofcourse but those the best Mont. schools here gets great results, not only accademically but in what kind of persons the children becomes.

As more and more of the public schools adopt the ideology of Mont. shools, there really are no need to choose it here anymore, but it speaks of the success of the consept no?

Archived