Sleeping pills

Hi online medics,

Although there isn't much talk of rip-off big time - e.g. like stealing when you're showering, or deep sleep - any chance anyone knows whether sleeping pills or flu pills that are readily available over-the-counter that a (minority)nasty BG could be using to put deep sleep to someone?

I know some girls using zanax (called something else here though) (purple diamond shaped 1mg pill), this only for themselves though. But you can buy almost anything if you know the name over the counter...

Stay on your guard.

/BKK420

Singbond,

The drug of choice for that sort of thing is funilly enough the same one used in the west (Rohipnol). Unfortunately they tend to over do it with unfortunate results. However this sort of thing seems to be unusual around BKK (in my limited experience) but far more prevalent in Pattaya. BTW it's not always BGs that pull this caper, more than one person has been done in by a fellow countryman.

quote:

zanax (called something else here though) (purple diamond shaped 1mg pill)

Zanax is a.k.a. Alprazolam. It's a sedative also used to suppress anxiety attacks. I don't know the legal situation, but it seems to be available over the counter at most pharmacies in Bangkok. I sometimes take it to overcome jet lag. It shouldn't be mixed with alcohol. If crumbled up and stirred into a beer, though, I suppose someone could slip it to you unnoticed and it might well put your lights out, especially if you'd been boozing beforehand.

On the same ballpark, the last time I was in LOS, a pharmacist told me he was out of Zanax and sold me some similarly shaped and sized pink pills that say MAND 0.5 on them. He claimed they were exactly the same. I haven't taken any cos the guy seemed a bit dodgy. Anyone got any idea what they might be? frown.gif" border="0

Please note that the correct spelling of the drug is "Xanax".

Although it is not supposed to be, it can often be bought over the counter at dodgy pharmacies. But not at the legit pharmacies like "Boots" -- at least not without a prescription.

There are also much cheaper generic alprazolam tablets made in Thailand, which are chemically identical to Xanax. Those are probably what those pink pills sold to Fiery Jack were. Check the bottle (they are supplied in large glass bottles with the chemical name clearly written on them).

Both the branded Xanax and the generic product work equally well. 1.0 mg taken on a trans-pacific flight will generally knock you out within 30 minutes, and keep you in a peaceful sleep for six or seven hours. Little or no hang-over for most people.

I always get some halcyon, not that cheap at around 230 baht for 10 but they sure do work, also got some tramadil painkillers lastime, very good and very strong. Also proscar is a cheap alternative to propecia, you cut the pill up into four making it about one third the cost of propecia. For a weaker painkiler tylonol with codiene works well, any other recomendations?-peter

quote:

Originally posted by singbond:

Hi online medics,

Although there isn't much talk of rip-off big time - e.g. like stealing when you're showering, or deep sleep - any chance anyone knows whether sleeping pills or flu pills that are readily available over-the-counter that a (minority)nasty BG could be using to put deep sleep to someone?

Prior to my last trip home, my GF gave me some small pink pills to help me sleep on the plane... Blister pack says "Manex 0.5 tab" (alprazolan 0.5mg)

She said that the Drugest said take 2 30 minutes before the flight... Not liking to take Unknown Drugs I decided to pass.. Now I am thinking it might be nice to sleep on the trip back next month.. Can anyone give me any idea of what it is, effects???

Pianoman

PvtDick:

Great info:

Have you tried ambien ( temezepam /sp)?

if so, compaired to xanax, how is it?

I use ambien for the 12 hr part of the flight with good results.

also, great stuff to get "in schedule" when back in farangland.

Archived