Arsenal 1, Chelsea 2

chelseafan

Drogba has physical skills that are unmatched in the Premiership for a striker.

One again, Makekele reaffirms that he has the intangibles that are irreplaceable. Next to Terry, he is the key to their defense, not including Cech.

Hleb also showed a lot of potential for Arsenal. Oh if they had gotten Baptista.

haha chelseafan, you're fooling no one. You were glad for the win. I would be as well.

I would have liked to have won the match but I am happier with our play. I thought we outplayed them. We didn't miss Vieira. Both scores came from their bypassing the midfield with 40 yd passes. There were only 3 shots on goal as well for them, so I'm very optimistic. We looked good and even when Chelski were packed behind the ball, we found space and passing and just didn't have a final ball. But its early. At this point in the season no one should expect the best of out of us.

I am actually looking forward to playing at the Bridge in 2 weeks. We may lose, that could easily happen, but I'm more heartened now after this.

Drogba did great. Chelski did to us what they did to Barca. Long balls to Drogba who won the ball and caused havoc on the CBs.

The player that surprised me the most for us was Silva. The Silva/Fabregas pairing did great. It was the same pairing a year ago September that had us looking like Samba Cockneys on the pitch.

Chelski will probably win the league because they have the depth to win the games against the 15 or so lower teams that us, Man USA and LFC will drop points to. The top 4 clubs will take points off each other.

We'll need to win almost all the games against the 5th - 20th PL sides to take the title.

Strangely, I think we'll go farther in Europe than we've ever been.

Arsenal was the better, Drogba probably man of the match.

His first goal was outstanding, great control and fantastic finish.

Arsenal was gelling very nicely and this gives hope for the coming season to do well in the EPL and as CS said, in the CL.

I woulnd't say Arsenal were better....after all they didn't win....however, both teams play different football. Arsenal play the one touch attacking type and Chelsea play the defensive patient buildup style....

However, if you are talking about which is better to watch...well even I admit Arsenals is the prettier...

Was Man USA the better team in the FA cup? If the winner makes you the better team so be it.

The stats prove who were the better side. Shots on goal (3 to our 8), posession, passing efficiency, territorial advantage, all the areas save the number of goals which is the most important.

We're not supposed to win the PL this season and if we're runner up, well, who can say we should be able to compete with the amount of 'dosh' as the Brits say, they are spending in SW6. But if we do win it, I think it would be Wenger's greatest achievement save the unbeaten season.

The problem with Chelski's money is anything other than 4 trophies after spending about a 1/3 of a billion pounds in 2 years will seem like they have fell short.

I am hopeful we'll reverse the result in 2 weeks. If we don't we don't, but I left the match optimistic.

CS only a jealous non-chelsea fan would keep spouting about the money :p:) . Yes it helps admittdely but at the end of the day you still have to get 11 players to work together and thats the hardest bit.

This season is going to be much tougher and I believe Jose when he says it could go down to the last game of the season.

Archived