Briton Held With 452 Fake Passports

Torneyboy

BKK

An Algerian born Briton man has been caught on route to UK with 452 fake passports.

Found were passports for Spain,Belgium,Portugal,and France.

138 in one suitcase and 314 in the other.

Mr Daikh said he bought the 138 from a pakistani man at Koh Samui and planned to sell them in London.

He denied knowing anything about the 314 passports,saying the Pakistani told him the suit case contained 100 pairs of jeans ::

He is charged with forgery and the thai police are looking for the Pakistani man.

I wonder how much 100 pairs weighs compared to 314 passports....

I guess that his routing was from Pakistan to Bangkok to London. That seems a bit out of the way but I guess that he wan't flying Air India. I didn't know that luggage was examined in route to a destination. I guess that his bags weren't examined in Pakistan and probably would have been in London, but I've never heard of bags (except carry ons) being examined during a change of planes. When I've had my bags examined at BBK, they have told me that they are mainly looking for "buddas".

This guy travels with a suitcase that he claims to have no idea that there were 314 passports in it, at about this time, there was a collective roll of the eyes of customs agents :)

I would of thought that this guy could of at least come up with some better excuse.

That is very interesting. Wonder if the guy had done any business in the coffee shop of the Grace hotel.

One of the Guantanamo detainees, a Swedish citizen, was caught in Pakistan with fake passports. He and his brother, a Finnish citizen, both have the same Algerian father. The Finnish brother was wanted in the U.K. for various crimes and the Swedish sibling served time in Portugal for bank robbery connected with terrorist financing. The Finnish brother also thought to be involved in the break-in at the Belgian consulate in Cologne , Germany, and theft of 500 blank Belgian passports some years ago. Both brothers attended the infamous Finsbury Park Mosque. They, like the Brits at Gitmo, were more interested in doing business with al Qaida and the Taliban than spreading Islam.

Quite a few of the non-Arab, non-Afghanistani detainees at Gitmo were there because of supplying or attempting to supply false documents to al Qaida. Seems like the circle is closing, if ever so slowly.

A very sensitive trade that the one of fake passports at the moment. Bangkok has been for at least as long as i've been here been a center for dodgy passport trading, I think most of the members living here will have met someone involved in this business.

Many westerners get involved just because they're looking for one more scam to allow them to live in Thailand a bit longer. Yet, even though they don't have any islamist sympathies, I'd suggest them to think twice about getting involved in that trade at the the moment.

TB,

just read the article and I'm a bit surprised as well. Anyway it would be good news if fake passports were tolerated. When people are arbitrarily locked out of international travel they need to find ways through the borders. Those so scorned human traffickers are in fact mostly sophisticated travel agents (arbitrarily= mostly depending on when and from who they were spawned)

Archived