Rainbow 4

follies

This bar had appeared subsequent to my last BKK run, so I decided to check it out during my last visit in July.

This is, of course, just my opinion, but I was seriously unimpressed. Yes, it is big and new, and yes there are lots of girls (certainly over 100 on the night I was there), but I thought that the place epitomizes all that I dislike in these type of bars. You are hustled to a seat and served quickly, then pounced on by numerous ladies, none of whom in general will ever grace the pages of a calendar. I found the place irritating from start to end. I enjoy a good go-go bar as much as the next guy, but the place is geared for business and not at all relaxing. I stayed long enough to give the place a chance, just when I thought things might be looking up (I managed to attract the attention of two nice-looking girls), what looked like a busload of Japanese guys entered, and every available girl flocked in their direction. Ah well.......

In summary, even though Nana is not my favorite area, I think that there are several better locales in the plaza than this one.

samak said:

leave this bar to our fellow japanese sanukers and the newbie tourists, who like to spend a lot of baht for no return!

and actually we somehow experienced sanukers can leave a whole bunch of Nana bars to them!

i spent a year in japan and it was interesting. ill give you an example of what happens in japan. go to a hostess bar, girl sits next to you, tells you how handsome you are, maybe even rubs your leg then after an hour a big bill comes along. hmm sounds like fun doesnt it. i was in cactus last trip and there was this jap who was dancing crazily (didnt think the place was a disco!!!) and he asked the girl to play with his nipples while he danced. i guess this was his version of safe sex....hey whatever woeks for you buddy! :o

Archived