Early bar closings finally reach Pattaya

I’ve been watching the comments about the early closings in Bangkok with some interest, these same early closings having been attempted in Pattaya with mixed success a few months ago. They didn’t last but a couple of weeks back then and most of us were thinking that Pattaya was immune to rules like these but it looks like they have finally made their way down here also.

My live-in girlfriend started back work this week for a Japanese electronics firm and since she has to get up at 6AM every morning to make it to work by 7:30AM, she has been going to bed really early, usually around 8:30-9:00PM. This is way too early even for me so I decided to go out last night and see what was up with the bar closings since I had noticed that in the last week Boom (Ibeza), the late, late action spot that usually stays open from 7AM until around 9AM wasn’t opening at all. Boom is right on the way to Universe Gym where I exercise several times a week so I can always tell when something is up as far as extra police action goes. Anyway, the Go Go’s that usually stay open until 3AM had to close at 2AM, Marine and Marine II which usually close at 4AM and 6AM respectively both closed at 3AM and Boom didn’t open at all.

There are many beer bars that stay open twenty-four hours a day and it is never a problem finding a girl in Pattaya, even when the US Navy is in town like it is now, but the Go Go’s and discos are having to close early just like in Bangkok. This was tried here in Pattaya a few months ago but it didn’t last long, we will just have to wait and see what happens now.

Thanks Lucky! maybe i should not break up with the G/F as planned...LOL (sort of).

If Boom really closed down, and marine 2 at 3 (!!!!), the whole outlook becomes really grim. Looks like i will have finally plenty of time to repaint my condo...And go to Indonesia!

PS: Boom "opens" at 7am. Frankly, it's part of the daylife and should not be tied to closing hours policies.

Article in Pattaya mail re gogos closing 2am

http://www.pattayamail.com/421/news.htm#hd2

Palatkik,

Same article says Americans leaving 27 Aug. Always plenty of girls to go around anyway. And the Americans liven the place up a little in the low season now - they seem more subdued this time. Maybe its the Shore Patrols in uniforms; they're normally in civvies.

I agree with Robaus, usually I detest when the Navy comes to town because of the traffic, etc. that comes with them but this time it doesn't seem near as bad. Also there are quite a few Navy girls in town this time, I don't remember near as many before. One thing is for sure, I haven't seen the bargirls in Pattaya this excited since the last time the US Navy was in town smile.gif" border="0

Last night in Pattaya the bars kinda/sorta turned off their lights and music at 1am but from what I could see many (maybe half) were still serving customers up to at least 3am when I called it quits. I can confirm this with my own 2 eyes on Walking street, Soi Happy a Gogo (or whatever the hell that walking Soi is called), and all the beer bars around Soi 2 and Soi 3.

Kinda nice to have a quiet drink in a beer bar and actually be able to hold a decent pigeon english conversation without that disco crap blaring.

On a side note. Never really saw many Navy boys last night except for the Shore Patrol and this morning the Carrier was gone. Wahoo!

[ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: Alfalfa ]

quote:

Originally posted by Alfalfa:

Kinda nice to have a quiet drink in a beer bar and actually be able to hold a decent pigeon english conversation without that disco crap blaring.

On a side note. Never really saw many Navy boys last night except for the Shore Patrol and this morning the Carrier was gone. Wahoo!

[ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: Alfalfa ]

Gone navy, sailed out, flown away... like pidgins. And i thought only parrots could talk! LOL

[ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

Last night, Sunday, I managed to make it down to the Dollhouse in Pattaya for the dirty dancing contest. I was curious to see what effects, if any, the new crackdown on nude dancing, etc. had on the contest. I'm happy to report that it didn't have ANY effect on the dancers, there was totally nude dancing, lesbian dancing, putting Heineken bottles up?, and even letting the punters stick their tongues up there smile.gif" border="0 This was my first dance contest and I don't remember seeing this much beauty on stage anywhere before and the excitement gererated in the bar is hard to describe, two thumbs up to the Dollhouse, you can bet I won't miss the next one!

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: Lucky ]

Yup! I can confirm the dance contest was very entertaining. Words cannot describe some of the things that went on but all I know is I (any guy) would have killed to be a judge last night. They got more action in front of the stage from several of the contestants than most guys get back in their rooms with only one.

Archived