Bomb suspect arrested in Nana!

Khun_Kong

According to ThaiVisa site:

Thai police nab suspect in London bombings

BANGKOK: -- Thai police have arrested an Algerian national wanted in connection with the July 7 London bombings that had killed 52 people, a report said on Saturday.

Atamnia Yachine, 33, was arrested on Wednesday in the Soi Nana entertainment district of Bangkok on charges of possessing 180 fake French and Spanish passports, said The Nation newspaper.

Yachine is believed to have provided terrorists behind the London bombings with fake documents, said Immigration Police Commissioner Lieutenant-General Suwat Thamrongsrisakul.

Police were tipped off when an unspecified number of people were intercepted at Bangkok International Airport with 452 fake European passports earlier this month.

Thai authorities have yet to decide whether they will detain Yachine in Bangkok to further investigate his operations, or hand him over to the British government.

Thailand is a well-known hub for producing and selling fake documents.

--Indo-Asian News Service 2005-08-27

ThaiVisa Link

I wonder if this is why they let that Brit, who was arrested a few weeks back with, I think, 452 forged passports that he claimed he got from a Pakistani, simply "return" to England with no charges pressed here?

Also:

Thailand arrests Algerian wanted for London bombing probe

BANGKOK: -- An Algerian man, arrested in Bangkok for possessing fake passports, may have supplied false travel documents to London bombers, said Thailand's Immigration Police commissioner.

Atamnia Yachine was wanted by the British authorities in connection with last month's deadly bombings in London, Nation newspaper Saturday quoted immigration officer Suwat Thamrong-Srisakul as saying.

The 33-year-old Yachine was arrested on Wednesday in downtown Bangkok on charge of possessing 180 fake French and Spanish passports.

He was believed to have provided London bombers with bogus documents to enter Britain, said Suwat.

He was tracked down by Thai police following the bust of dealings of 452 fake passports last month in Bangkok.

The police, tipped off by previously-arrested suspects, found Yachine after pretending interest in his false document business.

The Thai authorities were debating whether to detain the Algerian longer to dig out more leads from him or hand him over immediately to the British government, the newspaper quoted anonymous police source as saying.

--Agencies 2005-08-27

ALHOLK said:

I have never actually met CS so I can't comment on that. However it does sound palusible. :D

Well i've met CS the soccer dude , he ain't gracing the cover of any fashion mag , but , his charm will get him into the panties of any lady , trust me.... :rolleyes:

Bada :rotfl: Bing

Archived