Phi Phi Recomendations

cactus

Going to Phi Phi Area in mid January, two couples, and am wondering if anyone can recomend a 2000 - 3000 b hotel that is not too isolated so you still have options for shopping and restaurants. Would also like to do some diving, snorkeling and mabe a bit of paddling. Is Krabi a decent option? It seems that the resorts are all out of town and you may be far from restraunt, shopping options. All suggestions greatly appreciated.

I was in PhiPhi in May for a few days, they were still very busy clearing up post tsunami, the devastation & trauma was just too obvious to make it an enjoyable trip, I'm sure they will have cleaned it up by Jan and they sure need your visit & $ to get back some sense of normality.

I can't recommend any particular place in your price range as when I was there is was full of back packers using low rent accomodation and that was all that was available at that time.

From what you describe as your interests Krabi seems quite appropriate and a good base from which to travel about.

JP

PS

Good phi Phi site..

Hi Phi Phi

I know, I worked there for a Divingschool,

The locals were mostely muslim, the Only girls bangable were the Farang .. ( not that i minded at that time) as long as they paid the farang price for the beers and we got the better provision and prices at let's say Tin-Tins for instance..

(dunno if that Bar is still around)

Phi Phi WAS very relaxed, nowadays i think it is a hyped island with to many Japs and Day tourists. Most of the diving sites are probably ruined allready 7,8 years ago.....

Had a rocking time then, had to leave because of Neck problems after the season (slipped discs)

Have only once been back afterwards (one grows up you know)

who did you work for?

anyway i was very cautious with the muslem sheelas, you never know when their father was behind you with a Gun and a Marriage license .....

Archived