Best Premiership Team?

sayjann

OK.i'll break the rules and post a Football Thread here and not on the Official Football Thread.

but it does not concern this Season so what the hell.

what Players would you pick for the best Premiership Team since it started?.

mine as follows and i found it difficult.

1-Schmeichel...........best Goalie to play in the PL IMO

2-G.Neville..........Mr Dependable,many PL appearances,many England Caps and hated by others.

3.-A.Cole.......this was difficult as i could have picked Irwin or Pearce and i agonised but finally decided on Cole because of his attacking qualities.

but Irwin did score one of the greatest PL Goals against Wimbledon (or was it in the FAC?)

4-S.Bruce.......very underated and a great no-nonsence stopper,and a throw back to the Days of real Menlike Dave Mackay and Ron Harris.

5-S.Campbell........again another difficult choice but when he was in his heyday he was immense.

6-P.Vieira........no more to be said.

7-R.Keane..........cannot be left out.

8-R.Giggs............i think a Player who can do something on the spur of the moment and can be a Playmaker has to be included.

and his haul of Medals prove he has to in the Team.

the forward line i think is evident.

Henry

Shearer

Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

i know the Team is biased towards Arsenal and MU Players but they have the pedigree and Medals to prove how good they (are) were.

i know that Liverpool and Chelsea Supporters will disagree and think that some of their Players should (would) be included but they still have to prove themselves over a Number of Seasons as my Team is,no one-season wonders.

the likes of Gerrard,Lampard,Terry might be included in another 10 Years time so far they have not won much in the PL compared to my Players listed.

one Season is not good enough in my eyes to be included yet.

but i do not think that the Team could have played together if all were in their prime.

Keane and Vieira............who is the holding Player and who is the attacker if Giggs is roaming?.

the Forward line is tough,could Shearer and RVN have played together as they are the target Men?,would have they got in each others way?.

Henry could have set them up with passes but would Owen have been better for then either Shearer and RVN for his pace?.

and on the Bench i would have......

Seaman

Irwin

Gerrard

Adams

Owen

what are your thoughts Guys?.

Way to many great players to pick 11 only but here it goes... I'm sure I forgot a few good men..

Peter Schmeichel

Paulo Ferreira

Jaap Stam

John Terry

Ashly Cole

Ryan Giggs

Patrick Vieira

Roy Keane

Gianfranco Zola

Thierry Henry

Dennis Bergkamp

Cech - Broke Record for most clean sheets

Terry - Broke record for meanest defence

Ferriera - Broke record for meanest defence

Carvalho - Broke record for....well you get the drift.

Desailly - Didnt win anything but awesome

Keane - Hurts to admit, techinically he aint that good, but what

he does for morale is awesome

Viera - What can you say....

Zola - Creative, spectacular, nice guy.

Mark Hughes - Good at Chelsea, better at united.

Henry - The best striker ever in the premiership

Hasselbaink - Leeds, Chelsea, Boro - Gotta be one of the top

subs

Nistelrooy

Cantona

Owen

Ash Cole

Schimichel

why did i think that you would pick so many Chelsea Players?.

your first 4 picks are one-Season wonders and have not proven themselves yet.

i will gladly eat my words if they are in your Team in 5 Years time.

as i said my Team was picked on pedigree and what they have done over several Seasons and the Honours won.

cannot agree with your choice of Hasselbaink.

he WAS good in his heyday but his Goals per Game will always pale when compared to Henry,Owen RVN,Shearer and may be even Ferdinand.

and i would buck the trend by not choosing Sir Alex or Winger for Manager,that would have to be Cantona.

his maverick ways would prove entertaining in his choice of tactics..........

Bruce should be left out. Stam certainly better, Adams arguably, Terry still has a few years to go though, but is on form to be mentioned as one of the top 3. RVN as well. I'd take Bergkamp, Zola even Andy effen Cole over RVN, who scored goals at different clubs and a shed load at Newcastle as well as Man Yoo. If you have to have a Man Yoo player, Cantona would have been the better choice possibly. RVN has only been in the league a few years, he had 2 pretty good seasons. Euro record good but being the main target person will get you those goals. He doesn't have to share the load.

Giggs gets the nod but Robben may eventually overtake him if he can stay injury free. Robben stays on the right so that may not be a point for comparison.

Cech hasn't been in the league long enough. If we're gonna base it on one year, then Kevin Phillips should be on the list for striker. Eventually he will be the best prem keeper ever.

i still prefer Bruce.

Stam only had 2 Seasons in the PL and to me not long enough to compare him to Bruce.

i wouldn't pick Cantona as i could not see where he would play,does he replace one of the Midfielders or a Forward?.

he was not an out and out forward and drifted in and out too much so i think Henry would be better as he could play in that roving role,as he likes to.

i would still pick RVN for his Goals to Game Ratio in a short period.

one Season does not show a true reflection that is why i discounted many Players.

but that's what makes a Question like this is interesting because we all have different views...........but my view is correct and all you others are wrong.......... :neener:

still waiting for your Best PL Team which i know will comprise of 11 Arsenal Players and probably include Players like Jeffers......... :doah:

sayjann said:

why did i think that you would pick so many Chelsea Players?.

your first 4 picks are one-Season wonders and have not proven themselves yet.

i will gladly eat my words if they are in your Team in 5 Years time.

Terry is hardly a one-season wonder. And yes, I am biased towards chelsea :D

as i said my Team was picked on pedigree and what they have done over several Seasons and the Honours won.

cannot agree with your choice of Hasselbaink.

he WAS good in his heyday but his Goals per Game will always pale when compared to Henry,Owen RVN,Shearer and may be even Ferdinand.

I agree (wow! :D ) however, the amount of assists and layoffs make him IMHO a great player. Was very sad to let him go...anyhow, what yer complaining about I put in a United player :D

and i would buck the trend by not choosing Sir Alex or Winger for Manager,that would have to be Cantona.

his maverick ways would prove entertaining in his choice of tactics..........

'Terry is hardly a one-season wonder. And yes, I am biased towards chelsea'

my point is that the Team should be picked over the WHOLE History of the PL.

not saying that Terry is a bad Player,but does he really warrant inclusion in a Team over Adams,Campbell,Bruce Pallister,Players who have had Years of experience and won Many Medals Year in Year out.

in 5 Years he will probably be included in a Top Team,but IMO not at the moment.

why are you civil to me in PM's and then disagree with everything i say in Football Threads?........... :grinyes:

Chelsea Fans are all the same....bring back Batesey i say.......... :elephant:

sayjann said:

still waiting for your Best PL Team which i know will comprise of 11 Arsenal Players and probably include Players like Jeffers......... :doah:

My PL side is the 2004 Arsenal side. Since they went the season unbeaten, they are proven 'invincibles'.

Archived