HIV-test in BKK/Nana?

Hi,

Anybody know of any serious/good place to take an HIV/STD-test? (I know the body need some months to produce anti-bodies for HIV, but anyway...)

Whats the cost, and how long time for the answer?

Also, does anyone have a clue of eventual incidents of HIV among expats. I guess the this one is for the expat-community. I haven't come across anything on the subject yet.

Regards,

Adamsky

in the patpong area, suriwongse clinic in the "thai massage soi" off suriwongse, just one soi from patpong 2- they have a rapid test (about 10 minutes) for 400 baht- i've been going there for years- usually take my dates there- open until 800pm and many of the clubs that require testing send the girls there-

all the major hospitals can do the hiv test with one hour wait for a little more money-

the thailand red cross "no name clinic" does

hiv tests for 200 baht- about one hour wait- you do not give your name - you receive only a number and the tests are anonymous- bad place to take a bg as you will never see her test results- there is no dcoumentation

Spirit,

My guess is that in many, but not all, cases the clinics are NOT very reliable. When dealing with something as serious as an HIV test, I would really suggest the Anonymous Clinic at the Thai Red Cross or a large Hospital such as Sametivet or Bumrungrad.

froggo

i have tested myself and about 10 tg's on a bimonthly basis over the last three years-have cross referenced bumrungrad, suriwongse clinic and thai red cross getting the same results (positive and negative)verified- so i would recommend all three-

btw, standard elisa test at bumrungrad- results in one hour

quote:

Originally posted by tanha:

i have tested myself and about 10 tg's on a bimonthly basis over the last three years-have cross referenced bumrungrad, suriwongse clinic and thai red cross getting the same results (positive and negative)verified- so i would recommend all three-

btw, standard elisa test at bumrungrad- results in one hour

Tanha,

That's very interesting info. I've always wondered about the reliability of those clinics. Wondered if the employees would just always report negative, either to save money, or just because they don't want to be the one to report the bad news.

Tnxs guys for useful info. smile.gif" border="0

tanha,

U seem to be a conscious guy. I suppose you never go BB. One stupid question. Do you french kiss girls or is that a no-no? A guess a few years in LOS would make even french kissing a considerable risk or?

adamsky

adamsky

yes, i french kiss most of my stable, my true weakness (also read pleasure)-bb with wife-bbbj with mia noi- everybody else i wrap up- of course i've know these gals for a while and my wife and mia noi are exlusively mine- the girlfriends and/or bg's are regulars that i use and always test them regularly-

ask yourself this? would you rather be wearing a condom with a tg that is hiv negative than wearing a condom with one that is hiv positive?- last night was doing one of the gals greek and the condom broke- that's why i prefer to take the safe road

Archived