non-sanuk sanuk

texascity

i seem to remember the chao praya boat rides & day trips to ayuthytiya (sp ..the place with old broken buildings out past the airport about 2 hours)

or the pletoria of stalls with simular stuff at the day market by Mochit station.

often better remembered than the evening details

kinky, huh!

what about musiums... not the grand palace sorta experience .. more like a historical musium ..

shoes on preferred!

seems I heard about a musium near Thamasat (sp) University ??

any special chaoa praya boat / tours? .. done the takisin bridge thon buri ride several times & is fun everytime .. but there has to be more.

& anything is cheaper than the daily excursion to MGK with the tilac de juer.

Guest lazyphil

I say this on every such thread....go to Koh Kret on a weekend, great market, Mon potterys, and a small but interesting museum also do a loop of island on a speedboat and look out for the aeroplane parked on someones porch! imo its bangkoks most interesting non sanuk site hardly visited by tourists, why i dont know :: gets you away from all the crazyness of central bkk areas.

• 2 weeks later...

despite your awsome spelling/transliteration i can guess everything except MGK! do you mean MBK = Maboonkrong?

yes you can go by boat to Ayuthaya, many tour operators offer this.

what about Muang Boraan (Ancient City) down in Samut Prakan: replicas from most famous temples and buildings all over Thailand.

markets: there are so many in Bangkok! Chatuchak, Chinatown, Pahurat, Pratunam, Bobe etc.. buy a Nancy Chandler map; still the authority re Bangkok markets.

Archived